Learn something today. | INFJ Forum

Learn something today.

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
Yes, I listened to some presentations today and learned that the Egyptians invented sails, that Puerto Rico has the biggest microscope/satellite in the world, and that Haiti's liberation directly affected the sale of the Louisiana Purchase. Interesting historical facts I never knew. Very cool.

I learned that I'm shy about what I really learn and talking about it is uncomfortable because what I learn - or reactions to it - makes me feel like I don't belong.

Oh hell why should I hide it.

Here. Enjoy.

[video=youtube;JxD8S49hbL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxD8S49hbL8[/video]

Oh hell why should I hide it.

Here. Enjoy.

[video=youtube;JxD8S49hbL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxD8S49hbL8[/video]

That shouldn't make you feel like you don't belong. Telling people that there's a website called bad dragon where you can buy dragon dildos which come with sperm cannons, that should make you feel like you don't belong.

That shouldn't make you feel like you don't belong. Telling people that there's a website called bad dragon where you can buy dragon dildos which come with sperm cannons, that should make you feel like you don't belong.

Yeah I know... I don't know how to explain.

It's like some people are impressed by my normal cube solving but admittedly for me I've turned it into a kind of parlor trick. I don't feel it makes me particularly smart and actually nowdays I could probably teach most people to solve it hands on and reveal the secret to how easy it is, but I kind of indulge people from time to time by showing them. Compared to that though a hypercube would be insanity to some of these people but for me that's what an actual challenging puzzle is. I've solved it and am probably one of only a few hundred in the world who have.

[MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] I will endeavor to think of a way to make a 4D cube for you. One where time is part of its solution. To sovle it, you must begin in the future but sovle it in the past. A cube not created yet but sovled before the dinosaurs walked the earth. Good luck, your challenge starts now.

I learned that persons with OCD have, at rest, more activity in their anterior cingulate cortex, which is a critical brain region for the detection of conflict and evaluation of responses. Paired with decreased activity in the posterior cingulate, which signals the need for behavior change, this finding could pinpoint where the lack of control most OCD'ers feel originates in the brain and why their compulsions are so overwhelmingly important. Their brains have been altered to attend more to conflict while being less willing to initiate behavioral changes, making them cling to a set of responses when conflict is detected.

Last edited:
[MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] I will endeavor to think of a way to make a 4D cube for you. One where time is part of its solution. To sovle it, you must begin in the future but sovle it in the past. A cube not created yet but sovled before the dinosaurs walked the earth. Good luck, your challenge starts now.

That's pretty cool thanks.

1z492xu.png

I learned a person just carries that empty feeling in their gut with them, and it doesn't go away without causing one to be concerned with it.