Las Vegas Concert Mass Shooting | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Las Vegas Concert Mass Shooting

Road Trip?

giphy.gif

Cheese Shop Sketch - Monty Python's Flying Circus

Why do people pull guns? :m075:

I don't make think the media is supposed to be covering this story. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, after all.

I don't make think the media is supposed to be covering this story. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, after all.
Non applicable in this instance ... 58 dead 400+ injured ... the world media should be all over this like flies on a banana.

Non applicable in this instance ... 58 dead 400+ injured ... the world media should be all over this like flies on a banana.

Are bananas particularly attractive to flies? I don't think they are more than anything else.

Reactions: Sandie33
Yes! Yes I am, and going to rally a few of my pals Friday night down at our American Legion. We are getting together with many of the Community members and our vetrans to discuss how we can begin to effect change...it all starts somewhere...first thing we need to do is hand Ted Nugget a guitar again and take his firearms away...on a serious note, if we can get a petition circulating online that it is time for a structured change, for both sides, the For & Against, I believe that may assist in the restructuring of the laws...can/do you know how we might get that portion started?

Yes!
Exactly!
That and write your local state Reps...surprisingly if you call your Reps in WA DC you get a real person on the phone the majority of the time.
I encourage everyone to call and let them know where you stand, whatever that may be.

Correction (thanks anonymous person) - Deadliest MODERN mass shooting in the US.

We could go to the genocide of the Native Americans but that deserves it’s own thread.

Last edited:
going to rally
Update on tonight's meeting. 45 community members have taken up the cause to "get the wording right" from our county's citizens. This referred to those individuals for and against owning guns. Many are going to call, write and visit our representatives as a way to bring a populace together to figure out how to approach envoking a change in State and Federal gun legislation. Many tonight voiced their want to have gun laws changed while upholding the Second Amendment right.

This was pointed out:
"The right to keep and bear arms (often referred to as the right to bear arms) is the people's right to possess weapons (arms) for their own defense."

(Only one joker in the bunch declared "the right to bare arms". No one laughed.)

Now the quote refers to the right of gun ownership. Some of the questions tossed in the middle of the floor are ...

How many, how many guns can the average citizen posess?
What is the purpose of a gun collection?
Why can't a card be created that licenses these guns?, (this would then make a register of the guns in the US. Similar to dog ownership here in NY. Each individual dog has a tag, breeders have a licence which lists all the dogs under the one document, aka tag.)
What penalties would be instated if each new purchase was not added to the current liscense held within a stated time period?
What would a person be charged with if found with a gun on their person, in their home or vehicle, and the gun is unregistered?

These are just some of the questions that really stuck out.

What are y'alls thoughts?

Update on tonight's meeting. 45 community members have taken up the cause to "get the wording right" from our county's citizens. This referred to those individuals for and against owning guns. Many are going to call, write and visit our representatives as a way to bring a populace together to figure out how to approach envoking a change in State and Federal gun legislation. Many tonight voiced their want to have gun laws changed while upholding the Second Amendment right.

This was pointed out:
"The right to keep and bear arms (often referred to as the right to bear arms) is the people's right to possess weapons (arms) for their own defense."

(Only one joker in the bunch declared "the right to bare arms". No one laughed.)

Now the quote refers to the right of gun ownership. Some of the questions tossed in the middle of the floor are ...

How many, how many guns can the average citizen posess?
What is the purpose of a gun collection?
Why can't a card be created that licenses these guns?, (this would then make a register of the guns in the US. Similar to dog ownership here in NY. Each individual dog has a tag, breeders have a licence which lists all the dogs under the one document, aka tag.)
What penalties would be instated if each new purchase was not added to the current liscense held within a stated time period?
What would a person be charged with if found with a gun on their person, in their home or vehicle, and the gun is unregistered?

These are just some of the questions that really stuck out.

What are y'alls thoughts?

I think getting people to rethink their attitude to guns is the key. 2/3 of gun deaths in America are tragically suicides. The most likely victim when someone buys a gun is themselves. Even in this awful mass shooting, it ended with suicide.

Guns in the army, or police or for hunting are different. To see the NRA ask for a review of the bump device is good news. But it will only change when people see guns differently.

I think people use guns entirely wrong. They are definitely a form of defense... against the government... which means they are supposed to be used against the government. Not actively and all the time of course. Just to make the gov. sweat a little.

Let's not forget Kent state....though significantly fewer deaths.....then there were numerous Union and labor strikes that turned bloody and deadly.
Sad thing is most of those gained workers rights have been eroded over the years.
I think if people were less stressed here in the US people would be calmer.
Yet...we have no laws making vacation time mandatory.
The rest of the world has varying lengths of PAID vacation time off work...not to mention maternity leave for up to year some places.
Also...people seems to think that the US is this too huge of a place to effectively implement responsible gun control....we are roughly the same size as Australia, who were very successful after a string of school and mass shootings.
We are not as HUGE as we are lead to believe...it can be done if people put their minds to it.

Reactions: Sandie33 and Wyote
Let's not forget Kent state....though significantly fewer deaths.....then there were numerous Union and labor strikes that turned bloody and deadly.
Sad thing is most of those gained workers rights have been eroded over the years.
I think if people were less stressed here in the US people would be calmer.
Yet...we have no laws making vacation time mandatory.
The rest of the world has varying lengths of PAID vacation time off work...not to mention maternity leave for up to year some places.
Also...people seems to think that the US is this too huge of a place to effectively implement responsible gun control....we are roughly the same size as Australia, who were very successful after a string of school and mass shootings.
We are not as HUGE as we are lead to believe...it can be done if people put their minds to it.
I do agree that people in the US are more stressed than in other developed countries, but this shooter was retired and wealthy. He had no history of mental illness and no criminal history. His motive is not known. He passed all background checks for the legal firearms he owned. I'm just kind of going on a tangent here. I'm not sure what would have stopped it. Metal detectors at hotel check in? So do we just put metal detectors everywhere?

People are buying more bump stocks as Republicans and Trump, with the blessing of the NRA, talk about banning them... Gun stocks are up... I think we do have some deep seated cultural issues with aggression.

I do agree that people in the US are more stressed than in other developed countries, but this shooter was retired and wealthy. He had no history of mental illness and no criminal history. His motive is not known. He passed all background checks for the legal firearms he owned. I'm just kind of going on a tangent here. I'm not sure what would have stopped it. Metal detectors at hotel check in? So do we just put metal detectors everywhere?

People are buying more bump stocks as Republicans and Trump, with the blessing of the NRA, talk about banning them... Gun stocks are up... I think we do have some deep seated cultural issues with aggression.
Yes, in this case the motive is still unknown really.
He doesn't fit the typical shooter.
And no...I refuse to go through more stringent security for every goddamn place I go.
Assault rifles are not hunting tools, they are killing tools.
Armor piercing rounds are not for hunting.
Bump stocks are not for hunting.
The right to bear arms also maintains that it should be done by a well regulated militia.
I'm sick and tired of asshats killing innocent people and the rest of the country doing jack shit, our Congess doing jack shit.
Statistically the majority of Americans support stricter background checks and tighter gun regulations...and yet...again the voice of the people...even a majority, get drowned out by the NRA and its deep pocketed lobbyists.
And yes...every time something like this happens it is great for gun sales....I'm sure bump stocks are probably on back order now.
People's attitudes need to change.
Therein lies the problem.