Just trying to fix me. | INFJ Forum

Just trying to fix me.

Ensta

Jun 27, 2017
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Hi, I've always wondered if there is something wrong with me, and now I know why, approssimately.
But even now that I know that I'm an infj so I know how i think,i know how important my feelings are and the influence they have on me.... that's not enough.

I'm not happy with myself, but I hate complaining so I try not to be a victim and find a solution to the problem.
There's something I haven't figured out yet so I cannot fix it. That's me.

I've never been the smartest girl, never had the highest grades etc... but the problem is that I actually know what my purpose in life is. I know what I want. The problem is achieving it.

I want to feel complete, Realized. I want a family, a nice man That loves me and the job That I love.
Now that’s the problem. I want to have something that’s only mine. I want to be an enterpreneur, I want to have my own business (maybe because I am very ambitious and possessive). I had this desire since I was 11 or 12 years old and it hasn’t changed. I’m 22 now, I live in Italy and attended a professional business school, now I’m studying Management at University.

But to me studying economics is not even the beginning. I want to start working about it. I want to create, help people, create job opportunities and help people develop Their capabilities, I want to help the city I live in by creating something That can be helpful to everyone. Sometimes I have this great desire of helping the entire world and I just end up feeling weak and weird.

I want to create but do not know what.I do not know where to start. These goals are just too big for me I know it’s overwhelming most of the time.
When I see buildings in my city that are not used or that are falling apart I imagine what I could do with that. I love beautiful things, creating beautiful things. Bricolage is also a passion of mine. It’s so pleasent when simple paper or carton or anything else is being transformed and at the end is different, useful and beautiful. I want to do the same thing in my city, in my country….

Thing is I'll graduate from University in July and my grades are bad.

I feel useless,
I feel stupid, helpless and worthless.

I have many inferiority problems, I'm afraid of everything, the world, people, myself. Sometimes I'm paralyzed by fear, anxiety.

I like astrology, so long ago I talked about this with a person who told me that all this depends on the fact that I was afraid and I felt inferior.
How can i not be? How do I embrace all my potential?

I managed to improve some of my problems. I used to speak little or nothing and I never expressed my opinion, and now at 22 I don't act like a scared child and I do normal conversations as a normal person. I have improved my social skills and I am proud of this, although there are still many things to improve.

I've improved more. They first used to bully me and always spoked me down to and I didn't react, but now I react and look like a mature person who knows her value and respects herdignity. I protect myself and found out how to disarm people with words and looks.

There are many things like this, but I do not know how to solve the main problem.
How do I make my dreams come true? I have the willpower, I have often had the pleasure of seeing what I can Do, But my potential does not go out when I need it. Sometimes people are surprised at what I can do, understand and analyze, but this comes out when I do not think about it, when I do not feel it and when it's not actually needed, at the right time I become incapable.

What is it that brakes me?
Is it fear and anxiety?
Is the problem of inferiority? I've read something that says the "infj" deep down feels shit and worthless. Maybe it's right, but how do we change it?
Or... How can we protect ourselves from that? How can we not be influenced by that?
Is it possible to control our nature?
If so, how?

Reactions: Sandie33
PS: Sorry for my english. I was writing very fast and both being sad and overthinking, as many of you probably.

Reactions: Sandie33
Hi, I've always wondered if there is something wrong with me, and now I know why, approssimately.
But even now that I know that I'm an infj so I know how i think,i know how important my feelings are and the influence they have on me.... that's not enough.

I'm not happy with myself, but I hate complaining so I try not to be a victim and find a solution to the problem.
There's something I haven't figured out yet so I cannot fix it. That's me.

I've never been the smartest girl, never had the highest grades etc... but the problem is that I actually know what my purpose in life is. I know what I want. The problem is achieving it.

I want to feel complete, Realized. I want a family, a nice man That loves me and the job That I love.
Now that’s the problem. I want to have something that’s only mine. I want to be an enterpreneur, I want to have my own business (maybe because I am very ambitious and possessive). I had this desire since I was 11 or 12 years old and it hasn’t changed. I’m 22 now, I live in Italy and attended a professional business school, now I’m studying Management at University.

But to me studying economics is not even the beginning. I want to start working about it. I want to create, help people, create job opportunities and help people develop Their capabilities, I want to help the city I live in by creating something That can be helpful to everyone. Sometimes I have this great desire of helping the entire world and I just end up feeling weak and weird.

I want to create but do not know what.I do not know where to start. These goals are just too big for me I know it’s overwhelming most of the time.
When I see buildings in my city that are not used or that are falling apart I imagine what I could do with that. I love beautiful things, creating beautiful things. Bricolage is also a passion of mine. It’s so pleasent when simple paper or carton or anything else is being transformed and at the end is different, useful and beautiful. I want to do the same thing in my city, in my country….

Thing is I'll graduate from University in July and my grades are bad.

I feel useless,
I feel stupid, helpless and worthless.

I have many inferiority problems, I'm afraid of everything, the world, people, myself. Sometimes I'm paralyzed by fear, anxiety.

I like astrology, so long ago I talked about this with a person who told me that all this depends on the fact that I was afraid and I felt inferior.
How can i not be? How do I embrace all my potential?

I managed to improve some of my problems. I used to speak little or nothing and I never expressed my opinion, and now at 22 I don't act like a scared child and I do normal conversations as a normal person. I have improved my social skills and I am proud of this, although there are still many things to improve.

I've improved more. They first used to bully me and always spoked me down to and I didn't react, but now I react and look like a mature person who knows her value and respects herdignity. I protect myself and found out how to disarm people with words and looks.

There are many things like this, but I do not know how to solve the main problem.
How do I make my dreams come true? I have the willpower, I have often had the pleasure of seeing what I can Do, But my potential does not go out when I need it. Sometimes people are surprised at what I can do, understand and analyze, but this comes out when I do not think about it, when I do not feel it and when it's not actually needed, at the right time I become incapable.

What is it that brakes me?
Is it fear and anxiety?
Is the problem of inferiority? I've read something that says the "infj" deep down feels shit and worthless. Maybe it's right, but how do we change it?
Or... How can we protect ourselves from that? How can we not be influenced by that?
Is it possible to control our nature?
If so, how?

Sounds like you're a turbulent INFJ (INFJ-T) like me. This particular variation of the type is self conscious, perfectionistic, more prone to stress and anxiety and we can also be impulsive to the point of being self sabotaging or destructive. I actually cannot stand this because in reality, it's unhealthy. On the contrary, an assertive INFJ (INFJ-A) will be even tempered, worry less, etc. These INFJs have figured out the INFJ weakness traits and have matured their approach and response to life. For instance, not allowing others to drain us or not worrying about what others think of us. Sometimes I think that comes with age, it could also be circumstantial. I think the best advice for anyone is analyze yourself, see what needs improving and then actually follow through with it.

So if you're prone to stress, avoid situations that will trigger an anxious response. Take care of yourself before you take care of others. If you do these things, your confidence will improve and therefore you'll overcome fear and not stand in your own way.

Good luck! I'm currently on this journey myself!

Reactions: James and dang
Sounds like you're a turbulent INFJ (INFJ-T) like me. This particular variation of the type is self conscious, perfectionistic, more prone to stress and anxiety and we can also be impulsive to the point of being self sabotaging or destructive. I actually cannot stand this because in reality, it's unhealthy. On the contrary, an assertive INFJ (INFJ-A) will be even tempered, worry less, etc. These INFJs have figured out the INFJ weakness traits and have matured their approach and response to life. For instance, not allowing others to drain us or not worrying about what others think of us. Sometimes I think that comes with age, it could also be circumstantial. I think the best advice for anyone is analyze yourself, see what needs improving and then actually follow through with it.

So if you're prone to stress, avoid situations that will trigger an anxious response. Take care of yourself before you take care of others. If you do these things, your confidence will improve and therefore you'll overcome fear and not stand in your own way.

Good luck! I'm currently on this journey myself!

I think you might be an INFJ-T since you are 29, while I think that I may be an INFP-A since I am 42. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: kfg(atj