Jung's Writings Support Group

Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
Dec 27, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Since I decided to read Jung's books....preemptive measure. (also, why didn't we have it already?....did we?).

This thread is made in mind for people who are (or will be) studying Jungian psychology, whether cognitive function or other related material.

Discussions, questions, dissections are most invited here; as much as explanations, answers, and ....everything else that's in your mind regarding Carl Gustav Jung's writings.

Last edited:
Here's a starter for twelve.

Explain why Jung states the functional order of INFJs to be

Ni-Fe-Te-Se

Yet we now use

Ni-Fe-Ti-Se

First person to come up with a complete line of reasoning earns a penguin.

600_penguin.jpg

Hmmmm! *uses attempt as pre-learning*

Myers interpreted Jung as saying that the auxiliary, tertiary, and inferior functions are always in the opposite attitude of the dominant. In support of Myers' (and/or Briggs') interpretation, in one sentence Jung seems to state that the "three inferior" functions of an (extreme) extravert are introverted. The "most differentiated function is always employed in an extraverted way, whereas the inferior functions are introverted" (Jung, [1921] 1971:par. 575).
Many, however, have found Jung's writing to be ambiguous, and those who study and follow Jung's theories (Jungians) are typically adamant that Myers is incorrect.[citation needed] Jungians interpret Jung as explicitly stating that the tertiary function is actually in the same attitude as the dominant, providing balance.[citation needed]
-Wiki, including the citation needed part-. (cheating?)

From what I can discern I would say Jung originally intended the supporting functions (that is, the 2nd-4th function) to oppose the dominant function's influence.

Currently we use Ti instead of Te as to claim more balance (a repeating cycle of I-E-I-E processing; which is also why Jungian don't use I-I-E-E)
Basically it's for achieving a balanced state, only current beliefs are more balanced than early ones?

Oh, also; for those seeking *ahem* free sources... how about Torrent?
(mods : do edit my post if it's forbidden)