Jung's "Psychological Types" | INFJ Forum

Jung's "Psychological Types"

Shaz

Community Member
Jul 30, 2008
MBTI
iNfj
I was wondering whether anyone had read the first book to deal with personality types, Jung's one?

I'm thinking about ordering it on amazon. It's 640 pages long and probably full of really interesting informations. I'm hoping it's also more in depth since it will be less mass oriented. Probably not the kind of book you read quickly...

Product Description
Essential reading for anyone requiring a proper understanding of Jung's psychology, this was the work in which Jung set out his theory of psychological types as a means of understanding ourselves and the world around us.

From the Back Cover
Psychological Types is one of Jung's most important and most famous works. First published by Routledge (Kegan Paul) in the early 1920s it appeared after Jung's so-called fallow period, during which he published little, and it is perhaps the first significant book to appear after his own confrontation with the unconscious. It is the book that introduced the world to the terms 'extravert' and 'introvert'.
Though very much associated with the unconscious, in Psychological Types Jung shows himself to be a supreme theorist of the conscious. In putting forward his system of psychological types Jung provides a means for understanding ourselves and the world around us: our different patterns of behaviour, our relationships, marriage, national and international conflict, organizational functioning.
Appearing in paperback for the first time this central volume from Jung's Collected Works will be essential to anyone requiring a proper understanding of Jung's psychology.