Is Your Enneagram Healthy for Your MB Type? | INFJ Forum

Is Your Enneagram Healthy for Your MB Type?

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by YourFavoriteNightmare, Oct 22, 2013.

Share This Page

More threads by YourFavoriteNightmare
  1. YourFavoriteNightmare

YourFavoriteNightmare Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    5w6
  2. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    Funny thing is I was tested as 4w5 when I first took Enneagram few years ago. Then tested 5w4. Most recently, I've consistently tested as 6w5. If I am INFPs I wasn't an emotionally healthy INFP when I got 4w5. IF I am INTP, it could be possible to be 5w4 since I am an investigator of sorts. Five could fit just as well as Six.

This is true for me but I disagree with their analysis that this is mostly consistent with Sensors. I'm pretty good with theories and concepts. It's easier for me to grasp abstract ideas than concrete concepts.

Not sure if this would support or oppose my typing as INFJ since I don't think I have dominant Ni. I like exploring possibilities in theory which is more Ne.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Gaze, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  3. sassafras

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    I'm an enneagram 3w4 and I'm pretty confident in that assessment. For a while, I thought I was a 7w6 but I lack the exuberance of 7's. What really cinched it for me was the "holy idea" of each type and how I react to stress.

I'm usually a little bit skeptical about cross-pollinating enneagram with MBTI, but the inferior function as contributing to a particular ego drive is a nice way to fishtail the two theories.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. absyrd

absyrd Two

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTP
    Enneagram:
    7w6
    I'm a 7w6 ENTP. However, I am unhealthy as fuck, which is more common in IJs.

Hum.

5. charlene

charlene never mind no matter nevermind

Threads:
    MBTI:
    letters
    Enneagram:
    numbers
    I like a lot of the stuff that A.J. Drenth writes, but i dont like this article. I think its simplistic and not well thought out.

I do think that perhaps it is possible to have a healthier/unhealthier mbti/enneagram combo- but i dont think the reasoning in this article explains this very well

#5 charlene, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  6. Red Alex

Red Alex Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    XSFX
    Enneagram 3 (Three)

Healthy (according to the article):
    For Promoting/Motivating: EFJs, ENPs
    For Status/Wealth: ESPs

I score as ESFJ, but I'm borderline E/I (1% E over I) and borderline J/P (1% J over P). That would make my Enneagram at least partly healthy for my MBTI according to this article, I guess. It seems that they forgot to mention ambiverts here.

I don't know if I agree with the proposed healthy/unhealthy correlations. My knowledge on the subject is insufficient.