[INFJ] - Is it possible for an INFJ to have Schizotypal Personality Disorder | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Is it possible for an INFJ to have Schizotypal Personality Disorder

Feb 26, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
The Helper
Hello! INFJ here! I was just wondering if it is possible for an INFJ to have Schizotypal personality disorder?

Here is a list of symptoms
1. Ideas of reference (excluding delusions of reference)

2. Odd beliefs or magical thinking that influences behavior and is inconsistent with subcultural norms (e.g., superstitiousness, belief in clairvoyance, telepathy, or “sixth sense”; in children and adolescents, bizarre fantasies or preoccupations)

3. Unusual perceptual experiences, including bodily illusions,including phantom pains or other distortions in the sense of touch

4. Odd thinking and speech (e.g., vague, circumstantial, metaphorical, overelaborate, or stereotyped)

5. Suspiciousness or paranoid ideation, hypersensitivity, and constant doubts about the loyalty and fidelity of others

6. Inappropriate or constricted affect

7. Behavior or appearance that is odd, eccentric, or peculiar

8. Lack of close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives

9. Excessive social anxiety that does not diminish with familiarity and tends to be associated with paranoid fears rather than negative judgments about self

10. Incorrect interpretation of events, including feeling that external events have personal meaning

11. Dressing in peculiar ways

12.Peculiar style of speech, such as loose or vague patterns of speaking or rambling oddly and endlessly during conversations

13. Flat emotions, or limited or inappropriate emotional responses

Schizotypals are commonly portrayed as "conspiracy theorists" and "guys with tinfoil hats". Just so you know...
Signs of schizotypal personality disorder, such as increased interest in solitary activities or a high level of social anxiety, may be seen in the teen years. The child may be an underperformer in school or appear socially out of step with peers, and as a result often becomes the subject of bullying or teasing.

Schizotypal personality disorder can easily be confused with schizophrenia, a severe mental illness in which people lose contact with reality (psychosis). While people with schizotypal personalities may experience brief psychotic episodes with delusions or hallucinations, they are not as frequent, prolonged or intense as in schizophrenia.

Another key distinction between schizotypal personality disorder and schizophrenia is that people with the personality disorder usually can be made aware of the difference between their distorted ideas and reality. Those with schizophrenia generally can't be swayed away from their delusions.

Despite the differences, schizotypal personality disorder can benefit from similar treatments as schizophrenia and is sometimes considered a variant of schizophrenia.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...onality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20027949

Reactions: PintoBean
I'm not a psychiatrist but I'd guess yes. Having Schizotypal is a pretty common disorder in unhealthy introverts. I'd be more surprised if an INFJ has a histrionic tendency.

Well it doesn't matter. If you go to psychiatrist just say things of whatever you want to have and here it's. I personally didn't fit criteria of any mental illness tho got Paranoid Schizophrenia so I hope your psychiatrist will look at diagnostic criteria a little bit more also it would be a great psychiatrist if he/she looks at you before diagnosing. I was just edgy enough to get my mom angry and when I got seizures from lots of coffee and cigs (I guess...) those fuckers wrote that I tried to kill myself by taking lots of pills. EVERYONE CAN HAVE ANYTHING, except if you're too famous to "misdiagnose".