Introvert - call to action! | INFJ Forum

Introvert - call to action!

Ryo

Community Member
Jul 7, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
I wanted to share this talk but Susan Cain regarding her new book on Introversion called "Quiet."

What do we think about this?

[video]http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts.html[/video]

Hey! I received a notice for that video via TED and my facebook subscription to them.

I shared it and tagged some other people I thought were INFJs. Susan Cain presents Introverts as being essential to a successful community/business. She says we are generally smarter than extroverts. LOL. I know we've all experienced this phenomenon - but it was cool hearing it as fact!

[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION] [MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION] [MENTION=3052]kucala[/MENTION] [MENTION=2172]Trifoilum[/MENTION] [MENTION=442]arbygil[/MENTION]
These guys have seen it.

I have also been spreading it around.

She brings up a lot of good points in her video, especially when she brought up school systems. I've had classes where there all the work was group work, and where are the work was individual only. And both are not much help in the long run. It makes school feel like a "sink or swim scenario" A child needs to both learn how to work in a team to solve problems, but individual thought process should also be emphasized. I was lucky to sit in the "mixed" classrooms.

Echoing what K-gal said, I have noticed in my family, that the introverts (My dad, brothers, and I) are the "smarter" ones all around, but the extroverts (my mom and sister) are very talented at organizing people and being proactive with what needs to be done, and just doing things in general.

Well introverts and extroverts have our own place in this huge machine we call society;
and the smaller machine we call social groups;
and yet a smaller machine we call human relationships. Simple as that.

None of those two are completely inherently better than the other. One may be better at one aspect, but that does not mean one are better.

GO INTROVERTS! LET'S QUIETLY SHOW THEM WHAT WE CAN!

I've seen a few articles on the topic, unrelated to Susan Cain's book. I think awareness on the topic is increasing. I'm waiting for the revolution :)

Reactions: Kgal