MartinL

Four
Oct 30, 2012
MBTI
INXJ
Enneagram
unknown
Hello.
I'm currently trying to figure out my type. On the one side I could be an INFJ with bad developed feeling side: I got bullied at school, was raised in an academic environment and the only really emotional person I related too was my mother who acted often quite irrational and moody. So I decided to try to ignore feelings or better "rationalize" situations and developed Ti instead. I became quite socially anxious and had a huge fear of people rejecting me. I misinterpreted all kinds of social gestures, like seeing people who invited me to a party as negative (assuming they know that I dislike parties, instead of trying to integrate me). That could be having a negative assumption (people don't like me on default) and Ni just finding the right perspectives to proof that assumption. Also some people I didn't even considered as close friends surprisingly opened up to me - telling me really private stuff. On the other side I could be an INTJ who just recently discovers "wow there is a whole world of feelings". I hang out a lot with thinking types and enjoyed discussing stuff, including science and religion. We often had something I call "Ni-talk" - switching between ideas fast, having fun, while the conversation doesn't necessarily make much sense for the most people and I wouldn't take it too serious. As example the following omegle chat. I'm the blue person (you): http://logs.omegle.com/a37511a
My issue with deciding between Ti/Te and Fi/Fe is that I tend to see issues from different perspectives which makes it kinda hard to decide if my judging is more subjective or objective. Sometimes I feel the atmosphere of a room, feel disconnected from a group and some people seem to "transfer their emotions onto me". I can think about many issues just hypothetical, what could be, also I can think purely rationally while doing so.

You sound like an INFJ who was forced into developing Ti early on instead of Fe. I'm actually a well-rounded INFJ, and the way you describe yourself sounds like me in a basic sense.
A clear-cut INTJ wouldn't generally care what other people think of him, nor would he go out of his way to engage in random discussions with strangers. He also wouldn't create an outward image which would make people want to come up and foist their feelings upon him.
A clear-cut INFJ wouldn't be so surprised about their own emotions, and they'd be more likely to try and turn a social situation in reverse and see what another person is thinking (they're less prone to victimizing themselves when their Fx is engaged.) Plus, INFJs tend to prefer worry and self-doubt over intrepidity, compared to the INTJ who is pretty systematic about executing a plan once they've concocted it.

There's nothing wrong with being uncertain about the balance between the extraversion and introversion of your functions, dude. If you give yourself time to integrate what you've learned with what you already know and what you feel, then you'll be able to understand yourself with greater depth and clarity. Anyway, wouldn't it be boring if every complexity of your personality could be boiled down to four little letters?

I hang out a lot with thinking types and enjoyed discussing stuff, including science and religion. We often had something I call "Ni-talk" - switching between ideas fast, having fun, while the conversation doesn't necessarily make much sense for the most people and I wouldn't take it too serious. As example the following omegle chat. I'm the blue person (you): http://logs.omegle.com/a37511a
Throwing around not-so-serious ideas sounds like workings of subjective logic, Ti.

Here is a video on telling apart INFJ and INTJ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St-Wf4LIb_I

You might also want to read through Lenore Thomson's functional descriptions and MBTI functions.

conscious emotive expression = Fe (INFJ)
unconscious emotive expression = Fi (INTJ)
Emotive expression with a purpose to move the environment = Fe (INFJ)
Emotive expression to state how you feel about the subject = Fi (INTJ)
Creating your own logic from the ground up = Ti (INFJ)
Accepting that what is known to be logical = Te (INTJ)

-Jah