INTJ Improvement/Leadership | INFJ Forum

INTJ Improvement/Leadership

technics

On Holiday
May 13, 2011
MBTI
Yes
Which part of their personality do you think should an INTJ 8w9 work on in order to become a good leader?

I guess the question you would want to ask yourself is why you want to become a leader? To help people? To manipulate them? To feel better about yourself? For power?

Depending on the answer, those are the types of qualities that you would need to improve on. If it's to help people, then you would need the ability to understand their needs and wants; their desires, of getting inside their mind and doing exactly what they want.

If it's for manipulation, then you will need the ability to appear sincere and confident and influencing others that your view is the best view. I would look at how politicians act to get a clearer view at how they do this.

I guess my point is, it depends on your motivation for leading.

I have no idea how to classify an INTJ Type 8, just like any other types out there, and I've been doing this for quite some time now.

But, in my opinion, a good leader will inspire through being the example of progression.

Edit:
Most people require concrete evidence of progression. In order to display this concrete evidence of progression to them you would have to promote it, but how? This is where an Eight and a Three would have different points of view on the matter. A Three would consider self-promotion the best type of promotion; to use oneself as an example, to use oneself to set examples, instead of making others into examples. It is an ability of caveat from Six Projection, where they do not want to make others into examples because they themselves would not want to follow a leader who would do such. While a Three put his own responsibilities and his team mates responsibilities on himself, the Eight expects his team mates to take on their own responsibilities just like the Eight himself would his responsibilities. Just like Eights are prone to turn others into examples (rudely), Three leaders are prone to self-promote themselves in the wrong way, which is often misinterpreted as a form of narcissism instead of inspiration.

As a leader, some people may leave your cause, to pursue their own interests and goals using their own leadership abilities, some leadership abilities of which they have learned from you. Others, will remain loyal to your cause, because they do not see logic in fixing something that does not need to be fixed. They are already achieving what they want to be achieving by following you.

As long if what you want- is what they want- you will remain their leader.

At least, this is my point of view on the matter.

Last edited: