interesting movie or tv personality or character analyses | INFJ Forum

interesting movie or tv personality or character analyses

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, who are some of your favorite movie or tv characters or personalities? What draws you too them? What intrigues you about them and why? How would you psychoanalyze them?

Since this is an analysis thread, please explain who you chose and why, and not post only one word answers or one sentence saying you like them. Help us understand the reasons why these characters interest you.

Grey's Anatomy

I was watching the last episode "Beautiful Doom" Season 9, episode 5. And I was struck by how brilliantly Dr. Christina Yang's character is written. I admire characters who have qualities or traits which are opposite to me. She is a very complicated character. She doesn't care about what most people think of her, but she has these passionate relationships with those she becomes involved with although she keeps her feelings close to the vest. She has a pretty surprising ability to care for people with whom she forms unique and unusual connections, friendship, or relationships. She is also a brilliant doctor whose mind is ridiculous. And she has that "no one really understands me or ever will and I don't really care" thing going for her. She has enough mystery to her to make her appealing and always intriguing. She is an extraordinary character and I don't they've fully exhausted her potential.

Captain (or Sergeant depending on what period you go back to) Malcolm Reynolds. He's a smart-ass who tries to look tough and put on the outward appearance, but is really still a kid at heart, knows how to have fun and is dedicated to his crew despite his personal feelings about them.

I just kind of like that complexity in his character. And I have to admit, I admire his ability to simply "get things done" without overly thinking them through :)

[video=youtube_share;GjgGWOpksEw]http://youtu.be/GjgGWOpksEw[/video]