Inner beauty | INFJ Forum

Inner beauty

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What is it?

Is it something you can identify within yourself or is it something only others can see or appreciate?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote
*gets a skewer*

Lets find out.

Reactions: Gaze
It is the experience of beauty by those who choose to introduce dichotomies into their expression of perception and valuation when witnessing a human being

cheers,
Ian

Reactions: invisible and Gaze
just a note: added new question to OP.

Is it something you can identify within yourself or is it something only others can see or appreciate?

Each and every can identify it within their selves, but like all perceptions of beauty, it is only so in the eye of the beholder. Others may witness it

Inner beauty, to me, is a quality of life someone has that emanates so much kindness and happiness that others pay no attention to any outer nonbeauty.

I have known people in my life someone told me were not the prettiest thing in the world, but I actually had to look at them differently to see that. I had never noticed it before then. It never mattered even after noticing, and in a moment's time I forgot all about any shortcomings or possible ugliness. I am reminded of a teacher I once had that still, after decades, has that inner beauty most people cannot help but to notice.

I actually never remember trying to find it in myself, as I always noticed it in others.

Depth. Most deep feelings, thoughts and emotions I see as beautiful. I think that inner beauty is hard to see though, you have to be pretty vulnerable to show it. I also feel that you have to find the inner beauty in yourself to appreciate that of others.

right at this time it strikes me as being a bit sentimental and wishy washy. probably if i fell in love again i would think that the person had inner beauty.

It's one those things that if you think you have it, it makes you feel good about yourself, and if you don't think you do, then maybe you think it's nice that others notice something in you that you don't see in yourself. Or maybe you don't really think about having inner beauty, in which case, having it or not, is not really that important to you, and you still enjoy who you are regardless of being seen as having it or not.

People with strong inner beauty will appear to have strong outer beauty to me, even if they are really ugly. I perceive beauty as one continuous property, not something with multiple attributes.

Reactions: bickelz
Inner beauty, to me, is a quality of life someone has that emanates so much kindness and happiness that others pay no attention to any outer nonbeauty.

I have known people in my life someone told me were not the prettiest thing in the world, but I actually had to look at them differently to see that. I had never noticed it before then. It never mattered even after noticing, and in a moment's time I forgot all about any shortcomings or possible ugliness. I am reminded of a teacher I once had that still, after decades, has that inner beauty most people cannot help but to notice.

I actually never remember trying to find it in myself, as I always noticed it in others.
+1

Inner beauty relies upon secrecy.
Inner beauty is concealed.
These are the attributes you hesitate to share.
These are the motivations and morals that guide you.

Beauty, you see, relies upon uniqueness.
Many of us will never seem exceptional.
But the whispers and memories we hold inside.
Those are gorgeous, exciting, shiny and new.

Inner beauty is restraint.
Relying on your ability to keep certain things hidden.
On being mysterious.

Reactions: Gaze and jyrffw54
Inner beauty relies upon secrecy.
Inner beauty is concealed.
These are the attributes you hesitate to share.
These are the motivations and morals that guide you.

Beauty, you see, relies upon uniqueness.
Many of us will never seem exceptional.
But the whispers and memories we hold inside.
Those are gorgeous, exciting, shiny and new.

Inner beauty is restraint.
Relying on your ability to keep certain things hidden.
On being mysterious.
I think I would mostly agree with this.