INFJ's Obsession with Power | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

INFJ's Obsession with Power

this world sucks, it doesn't have to. I don't really want power, I just wish it would stop being abused.

To me power is the power to effect any given change. If I want something, then power to me is my ability to get it. Wisdom and influence are forms of power -- and influence is an especially potent form of power. With enough influence one can cause others to join in ones crusade, help to defend oneself when he is in peril -- and take affirmative action to better the lives of many people at once.
I think many INFJs don't seek power because they know that power corrupts. It is best to do what needs to be done, and then be done with it.
"According to the Tao (Chapter 17) the greatest leaders are unknown to their subjects. When a leader organises matters in harmony with the Tao, the subjects go about their work and believe that their projects are accomplished entirely through their own efforts. Therefore everyone is content.

I agree with this quote^ In situations where I have been the leader I have wanted to give people as much free reign as possible to be able to take the initiative. The situations work well because I can see what people's strengths are preferences are and then delegate. I'm not one for just ordering people around.

I don't want to be the leader, or have power but if it's something I feel passionately about, or I see someone doing a poor job of something then it maddens me because I can see that things could be done differently, and I want things to be done well. In that situation I would want to make suggestions or be given responsibility so I have a chance to improve things.