INFJs experience of parties, wall flower or last man standing? | INFJ Forum

INFJs experience of parties, wall flower or last man standing?

Littlelissa

Oct 10, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Any thoughts or funny stories about being an extroverted introvert? I'm usually the last one up at a party, although I probably don't go to as many other types. I spent most of my life thinking I was an extrovert because of this! Any funny stories about being an introverted extrovert? Or anything else anyone would like to throw in the mix?

With Halloween on the horizon reminds me of dressing up as Tigger one year. I sew...a lot. I bought some bright orange tiger stripe knit fabric. The kind tee shirts are fashioned from. I made a big body suit by taking a pants pattern and shirt pattern and cutting them into one long suit. I then made slipper type feet to wear over my sneakers. Made half gloves to cover my hands. I sewed a tube from the fabric and stuffed it for a tail...dang thing was as long as I am tall so I could carry it around. For ears I made big tigger ears and attached them to a head band. To be extra goofy...I put my hair up in piggy tails. So here's a 46 year young woman bouncing in the door dressed like Tigger.

I looked hillarious...but went to the party to play with my pals. It was a blast. I got much more attention than I bargained for though. Won the Best Costume prize that night. Had to stand for a zillion pictures and accept the Lampshade Award. This is an award my old crew came up with to give to the person who is the biggest jokester of the night (or the drunkest, lol)

Fun times...some times as an introvert we need to just cut loose and have fun. Just because we need time alone shouldn't prevent us from being the Star of the Show. :tonguewink:

With Halloween on the horizon reminds me of dressing up as Tigger one year. I sew...a lot. I bought some bright orange tiger stripe knit fabric. The kind tee shirts are fashioned from. I made a big body suit by taking a pants pattern and shirt pattern and cutting them into one long suit. I then made slipper type feet to wear over my sneakers. Made half gloves to cover my hands. I sewed a tube from the fabric and stuffed it for a tail...dang thing was as long as I am tall so I could carry it around. For ears I made big tigger ears and attached them to a head band. To be extra goofy...I put my hair up in piggy tails. So here's a 46 year young woman bouncing in the door dressed like Tigger.

I looked hillarious...but went to the party to play with my pals. It was a blast. I got much more attention than I bargained for though. Won the Best Costume prize that night. Had to stand for a zillion pictures and accept the Lampshade Award. This is an award my old crew came up with to give to the person who is the biggest jokester of the night (or the drunkest, lol)

Fun times...some times as an introvert we need to just cut loose and have fun. Just because we need time alone shouldn't prevent us from being the Star of the Show. :tonguewink:
Sandie, love that! What an awesome image, especially like the lampshade award! A good dose of hilarity never did any one any harm. I've always been a bit adverse to dressing up, strangely unimaginative and fazed at the idea of working out a costume, so inevitably never get round to it. One for my bucket list though I think, great also not to take oneself too seriously! Not easy to do in a tigger outfit I should imagine. Winnie the poo was one of my favourites as a kid. I had a tape of stories with great narration I never tired off. Thanks for sharing that!

On being an Extroverted Introvert. Drinking Alcohol made it easier for me to be in Party environments. It became more challenging over time though. The discomfort with layers of noise and peoples lack of boundaries can outweigh the benefits of meeting nice people. Plus my tolerance for alcohol was never very high and declined over the years. Then I developed food sensitivity like symptoms to white wine, then red wine and then pretty much anything except beer. To the point where one drink would make me really sick in the middle of the night or the next day. Plus sensitivities to different types of food or additives compounded this problem. I could drink a beer or two and that was fine, but I grew tired of that and quit over 3 years ago. Then I started becoming allergic to extroverts. Hahaha. Not really, not entirely anyway. It really depends on their level of self awareness. My allergy to Extroverts is inversely proportional to their self awareness. The lower their self awareness, the more my allergic reactions to them flare up :)

Also, I learned how to be comfortable public speaking. I don't enjoy it, but I have very little fear around that anymore.

I'm quite social at parties. I have a couple of party tricks that I trot out occassionally (fortune telling) but I'm not really into being the centre of attention so much as just one of the group. I chat, joke around and after a few drinks, initiate dance mode.

My tolerance is a lot lower these days, but once upon a time, I was a tank. Let me tell you, not fun being the expensive drunk on a college kid budget. Fortunately, my friends always made a game of trying to get me comfortably wasted. At bars, they'd announce it was impossible to get the Norwegian girl drunk and most people would rise up to the challenge and buy me a round or two. P.s: I'm not Norwegian. There was no rhyme or reason to this. It was always some random nationality. I do speak another foreign and complicated-sounding language, though, so once, we convinced a bunch of drunk guys that the language I was speaking was a lesser known Norweigan dialect and they believed me. I even adopted a pseudo accent for the evening that I definitely was not consistent with. lol.

Generally, though, I stay lucid and I always manage to find that one person at the end of the night who ends up telling me their life story. I occassionally step into the role of drunk baby sitter. Taking away keys, force-feeding people bagels, helping them find their shoes to prevent a melt down etc. etc. I also tend to hang around till the end or just before because parties tend to rile me up.

I'm usually hungry at the end of the night too, so I end up at the snack table before home time. lol

Last edited:
Same for me @atree and same @Sandie33 I take Halloween really seriously and I used to drink quite a bit and I'm pretty social at parties. Usually someone will latch on to me and tell me their life story by the end of the night. Im usually the last to leave.

I'm also usually the last to arrive. It takes a lot to get me out of the house initially, and as I get older sometimes I kick and scream and have to be dragged out but once I'm out I'll stay out!

It's not how social I am at parties, it's more the frequency I can socialize. I cannot socialize as much as my extroverted friends and I've been that way my entire life.

i have moods lol. sometimes im the life/host of the party.. most times i prefer not to socialize or just be a wallflower.(depends on people at the party) it would take something or deal to make me go out. i don't drink but im usually the one who initiates the fun. (games and conversations)

on costumes or themed parties like halloween and christmas, i make time and effort on those things.. it's either i don't go or im all out on my outfit/costumes. it's how i express my artistic side.

after a day of party, i won't see them for a year. :sweatsmile::sweatsmile: