INFJ's and Archetypes | INFJ Forum

INFJ's and Archetypes

jn56uytrx

May 8, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5- 469
On a recent trail of exploration, I had been researching the concept of animation as it related to archetypes and stumbled across an intuitive counselor's web page.

I was struck by a few ideas related to our type on this site:

1) I read somewhere (maybe here) that INFJ's respond best to therapy that uses archetypal tools. I wonder if anyone has experience with this, or feels a sense of affinity with this type of therapy.

2) I've also read somewhere that INFJ's are most vulnerable to the eruption of their archetypes. I didn't really understand what that meant. I feel like in reading about archetypes, maybe I have a sense of it, but I'm still not able to articulate it. Does anyone have any insight into what this is and why this may be the case?

3) I've read that INFJ's are among the types most likely to have physical manifestation of their emotional state. Meaning we may be more likely to have physical symptoms stemming from our non-physical experience. I very much liked the Michelangelo quote,

Reactions: Inquisitive
sure i'll give it a shot.

were talking about archetypes, as in the original or best representation of a person, place, thing or state of being. along with other acrhetypical things like love and such.

1) not really a clue sens i've never attended therapy

2)This makes sense to me, from what I've learned our combination of FJ makes us very strict to our values, when the person whom we modeled our values after falls apart, this would cause internal conflict. Basically like watching your hero die.

3)Also makes sense, we all no that things like stress can cause serious harm to our bodies, being the introverts that we are, we tend to bottle things up. Eventually bottling leads to stress and other emotional and mental inconvenices and these iner things start to manifest out wards.
Think of it this way. Our emotional filters can only handle so much before they fail, when all the crap piles and the filter fails, the crap starts to manage it's way into the rest of our lives. this is made worse do to our ont changing our filters often because of our introversion.

there I've given my two cents and refuse to take it back, keep the change.

3)Eventually bottling leads to stress and other emotional and mental inconvenices and these iner things start to manifest out wards.
Think of it this way. Our emotional filters can only handle so much before they fail, when all the crap piles and the filter fails, the crap starts to manage it's way into the rest of our lives. this is made worse do to our ont changing our filters often because of our introversion.

Quite true.