Sep 24, 2017
South Carolina
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
296 sx/so
A friend pointed this out to me.

https://www.erikthor.com/2016/10/13/four-infj-subtypes/

I have traits of the first and the third subtypes, but it seems I am the second type - The Shallow Performer. Ive been told I resemble ENFJ/ENFP in all my FE glory. But i have grown so much, and have started to realize my goals and pursue them! So yay! Maybe I can move into being the first subtype someone down the road...

I do try way too hard to be liked, because I have a very deep desire to be loved by certain people in my life (online and IRL) in return for the depth of love I feel for them. If you are one of those people, trust me, at one point or another, I will come on pretty strong with my FE and tell you exactly how I feel about you. Just ask a few of my closer friends on here, lol. Because the only thing I can do is treat other people how I would want to be treated. Even if they don't... even if they think I am weird or too intense, I still do it, I can't help but to tell people how much they mean to me! If I have a positive thought about them, I will extravert it. If I have a negative thought about them, I might sugar coat it, or if angry I may not, but if they truly matter to me, I will address it to them. I still have their best interests at heart. I may take up for myself if they have offended me, but I never stay mad long and I always make up for it!

My love is unconditional. There's nothing you can do or say to remove it once it's there. Trying to do so will only end in my heartbreak, which would cause me to pester you more until I have closure. :p

If you're lucky (or unlucky hehe) enough, you'll get to know what I am taking about!

Anyway, after that rabbit trail about me, myself, and I... :/ ..... what do you think about this article and do you relate to any of it?

This:
Good subtype: This subtype is good in the sense that from their own personal view, they are committed to being true to themselves and to growth.

Subtype one: The philosopher storyteller type
Introverted Intuition & Extroverted Feeling

Erik Thor has videos regarding INFJ too.

This:
Good subtype: This subtype is good in the sense that from their own personal view, they are committed to being true to themselves and to growth.

Subtype one: The philosopher storyteller type
Introverted Intuition & Extroverted Feeling

Erik Thor has videos regarding INFJ too.
Really... hmm. Thank you @Sandie33 :) You're awesome and of course you're the good subtype! <3

I didn't like this article.

Where are his sources?
I don't know honestly, it's just something a friend sent me and I read it and identified with the second type. I don't really think it's scientific, maybe just his personal findings? @Sandie33 says he had videos. Maybe he mentions sources there?

While I dont love him classifying types as Good, Neutral or Evil, I identify with the Academic Philosopher 110%. Makes sense as he relates it to Ennegram 5 which I am quite strongly. If that description was read without identifying information to anyone I know, they would immediately say it sounds like me, for better or for worse...or for neutral, apparently!

I didn't like this article.

Where are his sources?

While I dont love him classifying types as Good, Neutral or Evil, [...]

Hmh, yah. I can see that, too.
The idea to structure and define with good, neutral, bad doesn't necessarily work out, in comparison to let's say "unhealthy"/"imbalanced" and "healthy"/"balanced".

I think it is small things like this, that give Erik Thor this occasional Fi vibe. :)

I found this other Subtype thingy some time ago (also from him):

2c9f4b518bf5a69d2474b86733bb9a3f.jpg

Last edited:
Nice
The idea to structure and define with good, neutral, bad doesn't necessarily work out, in comparison to let's say "unhealthy"/"imbalanced" and "healthy"/"balanced".

I think it is small thing like this, that give Erik Thor this occasional Fi vibe. :)

Nice. So, Academic Philosopher = Yellow?

Nice

Nice. So, Academic Philosopher = Yellow?

Hmh, I don't think those two overall versions of his subtyping are completely congruent in terms of definition/idea although there are four types in both (for example, look at how he deals with the cognitive functions involved). But that is no wonder. He has tackled the 'same topic' from different angles, giving it another spin and hence forming another outcome for the recipient of each of those two subtyping versions. I wouldn't be surprised if he had more he iterated on.

What I mean is, as an author he aimed for two different impacts (not subtyping alone but the quality and connotation of them as well).

Last edited:

I think it is small things like this, that give Erik Thor this occasional Fi vibe. :)

Oh boy! I'm super strong NJ type and to a lesser extent FJ type!

Which means more often than not in these last three years, I get severely depressed by the state of the world and by the selfish bigots of shortsighted and only self-serving politicians and people. And well, if you ever want to see INFJ rage, argue that people don't deserve basic things necessary for life (or that crimes against humanity should be committed against people) and watch me tap into the dark side of the force/qi cultivation/vibrate visibly with desire to give you a verbal dressing down, and uhh, I would say I'm sorry, but I'm really, really not sorry for making you rethink your life choices that led to you not caring about others.

I don't really identify with any particular subtype in the way he lists them. I could be all of them at different times respectively.

I think Erik is doing a good job of extraverting his intuition (not to be confused with him not being INFJ as he claims). He doesn't mention sources, but I think part of it is because he uses his own research/background knowledge in academia, observations and intuition to further his insights. I'm not sure how much I agree with his systems, also because he sees the enneagram instinctual variants as separate types rather than subtypes - it just doesn't compute. I think he is focussing more on the Keiersey temperaments and letter dichotomies (at least wrt his abbreviations) than MBTI cognitive functions. Under the surface layer, he still incorporates function theory, but he doesn't go particularly deep into it (like it is done in socionics) so he doesn't quite manage to get past these superficial generalisations. He did work to combine his MBTI subtypes with Jungian archetypes, but no idea how far that can be taken.

Long story short, he needs to smooth out the rather sloppy work with his sources so he doesn't confuse his layman audience or alienate those with a little more background knowledge.