INFJ Literature ?

WonkyOracle

Permanent Fixture
Nov 9, 2016
In the real world with actual people.
MBTI
Enneagram
Two questions.

Does anyone have good books about the INFJ Type, as in a good book with INFJ only in it ?

Any good books / novels with a solid INFJ character in it ?

Thanks in advance. And as always, if this in the wrong section, may the powers that be worketh in mysterious ways.

Last edited:
Great topic, @Wonky Oracle !!!!

It's hard to type fictitious people. :)
I see a trend with those who type famous people and fictitious characters where their types wobble between INFJ and ENFJ. I think this is because a lot of people don't understand INFJs and believe we always behave in a stereotypical introverted manner (reserved, hiding in the shadows, quiet) when we do have a social and vocal side.
For example, and to stay on your topic, I've seen Elizabeth Bennet of "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen categorized as both INFJ and ENFJ. I prefer to cast her as an INFJ. This may be bias. My husband is INTJ and I've seen Darcy typed as INTJ, so when I read a suggestion that Elisabeth was INFJ and Darcy INTJ it explained why I am so hooked on that story, despite thinking it gives women impossible expectations.
To me, Elisabeth seems like more of a social introvert than, say, her younger sisters who are clearly written as extroverts. She is bookish and likes time alone, but is not as introverted as her older sister Jane. :)

Other possibilities:
Remus Lupin of the "Harry Potter" series by JK Rowling (- who is an INFJ)
Atticus Finch of "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee
Charles Xavier of the X-men
Yoda, possibly Obi Wan Kenobi of "Star Wars" -- these would both be stereotypes of INFJs.

I'm also curious about how INFJ writers develop protagonists (and antagonists) of other types. It seems that our famous empathy, "I understand," plays a key role.

I see a trend with those who type famous people and fictitious characters where their types wobble between INFJ and ENFJ. I think this is because a lot of people don't understand INFJs and believe we always behave in a stereotypical introverted manner (reserved, hiding in the shadows, quiet) when we do have a social and vocal side.
For example, and to stay on your topic, I've seen Elizabeth Bennet of "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen categorized as both INFJ and ENFJ. I prefer to cast her as an INFJ. This may be bias. My husband is INTJ and I've seen Darcy typed as INTJ, so when I read a suggestion that Elisabeth was INFJ and Darcy INTJ it explained why I am so hooked on that story, despite thinking it gives women impossible expectations.
To me, Elisabeth seems like more of a social introvert than, say, her younger sisters who are clearly written as extroverts. She is bookish and likes time alone, but is not as introverted as her older sister Jane. :)

Other possibilities:
Yoda, possibly Obi Wan Kenobi of "Star Wars" -- these would both be stereotypes of INFJs.

I'm also curious about how INFJ writers develop protagonists (and antagonists) of other types. It seems that our famous empathy, "I understand," plays a key role.
Oh no feel free to take the thread wherever you I just wondered because being a Writer myself, I wrote my books before I knew anything about '' types '' So I'm really curious to see how I've portrayed my characters. I'm going to have to go through my books and put everyone under the microscope.

Charles Xavier was an obvious one for me even before I knew about types. Connect with him big style, have done since I was a kid. Just shooting off from memory and being a while since I've seen the films, you reckon The Oracle from the matrix is an INFJ ?

I agree about the stereotyping, it's like people pick one aspect then blatantly ignore the rest just so they can fit them into a narrative.

Oh I've a feeling this thread is going to get interesting.

Other possibilities:

Lol! I literally came here to name "Pride and Prejudice" and "HP", but you best me to the punch xD

Hmm, one could arguably say Prince Caspian from Chronicles of Narnia as well

Or Theodore Lawrence from Little Women

Yes, the Oracle from the Matrix could also be an INFJ, like Yoda.
In theory, I believe any type could become the guru, Zen Master type, but the closest MBTI stereotype these types of characters have is INFJ.
Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Mandela, and MLK Jr are usually typed as INFJs, or ENFJs, depending on how the typer perceives the social side of these personalities. Characters like the Oracle and Yoda seem modeled after this type of famous figure.

@Serenity - It backs up our claims! :)

@Serenity - Yes, Prince Caspian is a good example! Theo Lawrence, too.

infj.jpg

Found this while I was trolling through the second-hand book shop.

No idea what like it is but I'm looking forward to getting into it tonight.

Is it good?^

Reactions: James and Free
Oh no feel free to take the thread wherever you I just wondered because being a Writer myself, I wrote my books before I knew anything about '' types '' So I'm really curious to see how I've portrayed my characters. I'm going to have to go through my books and put everyone under the microscope.

Charles Xavier was an obvious one for me even before I knew about types. Connect with him big style, have done since I was a kid. Just shooting off from memory and being a while since I've seen the films, you reckon The Oracle from the matrix is an INFJ ?

I agree about the stereotyping, it's like people pick one aspect then blatantly ignore the rest just so they can fit them into a narrative.

Oh I've a feeling this thread is going to get interesting.
you reckon The Oracle from the matrix is an INFJ ?
Yes! Her offering cookies is the dead give away. And the scene of her on the park bench in the alleyway feeding blind pigeons:)

Yes! Her offering cookies is the dead give away. And the scene of her on the park bench in the alleyway feeding blind pigeons:)
Yeah, it was just her insistence on having Neo figure things him out for himself or more importantly, walk his own path.

Haven't seen those movies in ages, might do a bit of a marathon this weekend.

Enjoying the book so far, but I found a section called '' advice for INFJ's, from other INFJ's.''

I enjoyed this particular offering,

'' Age should not be the factor to determine how wise you are, experience should. This world is cruel,but it does not mean you have to follow it's cruelty. Inner peace is the key to hold onto who you believe you are, without it you may feel lost. You will feel lonely when you fight this lone-battle,and other INFJ's maybe be emotionally supportive but this world is always yours to deal with alone. Every environmental factor will continue to prove that you are the odd ball, while you continue to look through a glass. Self trust and believing in what you believe in is the hardest route to follow in this dog-eat-dog world. I am not an older/wiser INFJ, but I hope my feelings can bring some insight to you. Best of luck with the paper ''

There is a couple of pages of these things which was enjoyable.

Lord of the Rings is supposedly littered with INFJs. I've heard Aragorn, Galadriel, and Gandalf all typed as such. I haven't decided for myself, and seeing as they're all older than 100, their type results might be skewed.

Also, I’d have to agree that Elizabeth Bennet is an INFJ. An ENFJ is plausible, but I feel certain she’s an introvert.

The main character of Skip Beat! *might* be an INFJ. She’s rather difficult to type. She’s rather eccentric, giving her an extroverted quality. And yet, she still seems to spend much of her time in her head. Something like ENFJ or ENTP are also possible. Fe seems certain, but Ni vs Ne is somewhat sketchy. I’d favor Ni, because her opinions and thoughts have a certain depth and fluidity that Ne/Si tend to lack. Also, Skip Beat! Is a manga.

There are a few video game, movie, and anime characters I can think of; but their characteristics are rarely pronounced.

Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles is cool. I haven't finished the game, but he has an annoyingly unexplored depth. There’s a lot going on inside, but you would never suspect by looking at him.

Also, I’m inclined to disagree on Yoda. He’s always seemed a bit too rigid for a Ni Dom. He is ~900 so he has years of experience, but still!