[INFJ] - INFJ Inner Circle | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] INFJ Inner Circle

Panfan

Regular Poster
Feb 25, 2020
MBTI
INFJ
I read somewhere that INFJ tend to keep things to themselves and choose only selected few to come to their inner circle.

As an INFJ myself, I can totally relate to this.. But I'm just wondering if it's the same with everyone else..

So, here's the questions:

1. What personality type that you normally let into your inner circle?

2. What quality that you're seeking in this inner circle?

3. How do they become your inncer circle?

4. Do you compromise a lot for the people in your inner circle?

I don't think I have a type as such. .it's a feeling and/or the vibe the person gives off. people just end up there, don't really think it is a thoughtful process. perhaps it should be, but right now it isn't. they get close by a combination of sharing and trusting. .and I will do anything for them. . until they cross a certain line, then they are out and may never get back in. . I know that's vague, but I guess I don't think about it

TY for quoting me. I won't read into it...
I realized there was no need to. I was originally going to say "Same." But reconsidered because I thought, I have one person, so it's a line. No, two, that makes a triangle. If I think of another, maybe it will be a square. I may update my post later when I trust someone enough to form a pentagon.

I realized there was no need to. I was originally going to say "Same." But reconsidered because I thought, I have one person, so it's a line. No, two, that makes a triangle. If I think of another, maybe it will be a square. I may update my post later when I trust someone enough to form a pentagon.
Oh, I was just implying that quoting me with the word triangle, and me catching onto it would trigger you. I failed

My inner circle? Prerequisite is to:
1. Trust anyone I get on well with, death to MBTI
2. Look at the first word of point 1
3. Words 2 to 6 of point 1
4. The fifth word of 1 backwards

* @ruji ;)

Last edited:
Oh, I was just implying that quoting me with the word triangle, and me catching onto it would trigger you. I failed
giphy.gif

I read somewhere that INFJ tend to keep things to themselves and choose only selected few to come to their inner circle.

As an INFJ myself, I can totally relate to this.. But I'm just wondering if it's the same with everyone else..

So, here's the questions:

This can be true of any "type" in the MBTI structure or otherwise. If people have experienced betrayal or trauma or anything that would caution them against opening up then they might have a small inner circle. This isn't unique to INFJ's.
1: I don't know what personality type any of my friends are. I've never asked. I've never tried to figure out it. I've never asked them if they know what MBTI is because I don't care.
2: Either I get along with people or I don't. Either we get each other's sense of humour or we don't. I don't have a check list. Some people are just more interesting to me than others but I would say most of my friends are people I've known since grade school so... I didn't have to consciously decide anything about them.
3: I talk to them more often than I talk to other people lol. I don't think it's very complicated.

I read somewhere that INFJ tends to keep things to themselves and choose only selected few to come to their inner circle.

As an INFJ myself, I can totally relate to this. But I'm just wondering if it's the same with everyone else.

So, here are the questions:

2. What quality you're seeking in this inner circle?

3. How do they become your inner circle?

1. I don't base my "inner circle" on MBTI, but circumstantially I know their type. Triangle here, INFJ, INFP.

2. They are there due to the extensive shared experience, nearly lifelong sometimes. Prerequisites being "clicking together" talking a lot, having matching quirkiness (mental disorders) etc. The point is trusting and growth, that comes from experiencing life with them, you just get the sense of them and they of you.

3. Said in previous points. Enjoyable conversation, shared experience, some interests and humour, weirdness, curious nature. Getting to know their reaction (and mine) in various positive and negative situations.

4. That is mutual, you adapt and compromise, that is the basis of human interaction.

Last edited:

INXXs, mostly INTJs.

I define "inner circle" as any long-term relationship I'd share my most personal thoughts with.
My husband is the only person in circle one, but my closest friends, and maybe my dad, are in the circle right outside the first. I wouldn't share everything with all of them, but they all have their categories and I trust them all.
I'm not here to brag that I don't have friends. LOL. I do.

Acceptance, trust, sharing ideas, and love. (Edit: I could add loyalty, but trust covers that.)

See reply #2.

All friendships and relationships include compromise. If you really click you don't need to compromise as often, though.