INFJ-INFP happy story | INFJ Forum

INFJ-INFP happy story

worthy

Community Member
Feb 4, 2019
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
{blissful sigh} Had to share this here as most of my IRL friends will not understand. I just spent the past two days (yesterday and today) visiting with a friend I hadn't seen in 20 years. We met at camp when I was 16, hung out the summer I was 19, hung out again the summer I was 24, he came to my wedding that year, and then stopped by once (briefly) when I was 25 or 26. Lots of memories.

And then he disappeared. Fell off the face of the Internet. I tried several times to find him and failed, but then I got extra clever and tracked him down, found a street address, and sent him a card with my email. He responded. That was nearly a year ago. He lives on the opposite side of the country. But he is out this way this week and asked if I could make time for a visit, and I did.

I cleared my calendar for two days and I am so glad I did. My kids were away. We spent 28 hours together, 9 of which were spent sleeping and 19 talking. No joke. We kept up the conversation the entire time - both of us introverts. We had a 20 year gap to fill, after all. Deep, deep, deep. The back-and-forth was effortless and amazing. I remember now why I thought our friendship was so special. Still is.

I made him take the 16 personalities test. I have been guessing he was an ENFP, but he's an INFP - definitely an introvert. He's just a very adventurous one.

He's not a romantic prospect (gay as the grass is green, he is) but the emotional intimacy, connection, and deep love in this friendship is quite astounding.

It may be 10 years before we see each other again, but we will make it happen. (We made a 10-year pact. 20 is too long.)

So I'm basking in a rosy INFJ-INFP glow right now and very very grateful for this timeless friendship.

You know what I mean, right? Have you been lucky enough to have had that sort of friendship that transcends time and goes deeper than any you've ever had? (And what was their type, if you know?) It's such a beautiful rarity.

Last edited:
That's beautiful, worthy :blush: Thanks for sharing.

You know what I mean, right? Have you been lucky enough to have had that sort of friendship that transcends time and goes deeper than any you've ever had? (And what was their type, if you know?) It's such a beautiful rarity.
Nope, but I may yet.

Reactions: BritNi and worthy
Second post so be kind ..

I have had a friend for the past thirty years. I met her on my first day of a new job and we hit it off almost straight away. We only worked together for three years but have caught up with each other semi-regularly since then. Sometimes we don't see each other for years at a time, but as soon as we do, we connect instantly and for me that is unusual.

She is my best friend because she is my only friend. I love her to bits as she has never expected me to be anyone but ME. She has never judged me or told me how I should feel, or told me that my thoughts were weird. I really feel I am blessed with this person in my life.

She is very extroverted .. but I wouldn't know her type.

Reactions: worthy