Pyrrhula

Community Member
Apr 12, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
So, would the World end??

I've been chatting to a guy online and after a few messages I decided he must be INFJ/P. He took the test and he's one of us!

The thing is, I'm not sure if I could cope with another me!

He seems lovely though and he's an excellent artist, so I will see where it goes....

Reactions: MrSquared
So, would the World end??

I've been chatting to a guy online and after a few messages I decided he must be INFJ/P. He took the test and he's one of us!

He seems lovely though and he's an excellent artist, so I will see where it goes....

If he is older and mature then go for it. You will be able to relate to one another easily. But if he is young and immature he could still be very confused, insecure and rejection sensitive like I was when I was in my 20's. So get a sense of where he is in his development. If you hit it off, be prepared to do a lot of talking about how you feel as opposed to going out. Good luck.

Hahah. Yeah, it's good to keep an open mind and see where things go - one can never lose anything but only gain by doing so.

I personally know quite a few INFJ's - females mostly, and at least one male. Funnily I am never really attracted to the female INFJ's, but have a fraternal sort of affection for them. I've heard others describe it as a brother-sister like bond. But that doesn't mean it could be different for others! (i.e. you!)

Too right there. At least you might develop a good friendship at the very least; hard to know purely online. If two INFJ's have similar enough world views then INFJ's can make great friends. (I'm sure two INFJ's with polar opposite world views can get along, but less so in my experience).

If he is older and mature then go for it. You will be able to relate to one another easily. But if he is young and immature he could still be very confused, insecure and rejection sensitive like I was when I was in my 20's. So get a sense of where he is in his development. If you hit it off, be prepared to do a lot of talking about how you feel as opposed to going out. Good luck.

I was like that in my 20s too. I'm in my early thirties now and feel a lot more confident and stable, emotionally. And, yeah - I could talk forever about emotions and relationships! Although, I think it's healthier to keep it in moderation.

He's 29! On the cusp of adulthood...

Reactions: MrSquared
Hahah. Yeah, it's good to keep an open mind and see where things go - one can never lose anything but only gain by doing so.

I personally know quite a few INFJ's - females mostly, and at least one male. Funnily I am never really attracted to the female INFJ's, but have a fraternal sort of affection for them. I've heard others describe it as a brother-sister like bond. But that doesn't mean it could be different for others! (i.e. you!)

Too right there. At least you might develop a good friendship at the very least; hard to know purely online. If two INFJ's have similar enough world views then INFJ's can make great friends. (I'm sure two INFJ's with polar opposite world views can get along, but less so in my experience).

I have two female INFJ friends. Actually, only one I know of for sure, and she lives in a different city. The other is my best friend and also lives in a different city. I would say our relationship is awkward and almost none existent at the moment :-/ I hardly hear from her since she got serious with her boyfriend.

I went on a date with another INFJ guy a few weeks back. Nothing came of it. He was very pleasant but a recovering anorexic - different life stages!

Anyway, yes, ill keep an open mind with this one!

I hardly hear from her since she got serious with her boyfriend.

Oh yes, I used to be kind of like that. So involved in a romantic relationship as if only that person and you existed, to the point that one would forget to touch base with other friends!

I know for my part I'm bad at 'keeping in touch' over long distance, but it doesn't change my friendship on my end anyway. I try and correspond more to those who need it (well any human relationship needs it somewhat!)

different life stages!

And funnily one can be at different life stages at various ages depending on so many factors :S Is that just to justify my 'maturity' at 23... in 5 years I'll look back and think "how immature thou wert".

Thanks! Interesting discussion in the link. I'm beginning to think that it depends on the two people involved. Therefore, I'll go on a date with this guy and see what happens. Plus, I've never knowingly dated one. My concern comes from knowing myself (!) and also the assumption that someone different would complement me and possibly make me look at things from a different point of view.

Thanks! Interesting discussion in the link. I'm beginning to think that it depends on the two people involved. Therefore, I'll go on a date with this guy and see what happens. Plus, I've never knowingly dated one. My concern comes from knowing myself (!) and also the assumption that someone different would complement me and possibly make me look at things from a different point of view.

The longer you're around here the more surprised you'll be by how different we all are, as well as the similarities! Have a great date!

Reactions: Free and Night Owl
He was nice! :) Quite quiet and serious, but I think we were both on our best behaviour. First dates are weird like that.

I realize I'm late coming to this one, but it really resonates with me. I have a very dear friend who is also an INFJ, and no one gets me better. The birthday gifts she has given me have been life changers. Having learned a lot about myself in terms of personality and MBTI, I've come to feel in the last decade or two that I would probably being with someone likeminded. I took a compatibility test, and sure enough, INFJ came out as my ideal type. As someone else mentioned here, however, it depends on maturity level(s). It would need to be an INFJ who is self-aware and is working, is willing to work, or has and continues to work on his traits for his own personal growth and betterment, but to also accept someone willing to walk that path with him, supporting each other.