INFJ(F) merried to ISTP(M)... What is your experience? | INFJ Forum

INFJ(F) merried to ISTP(M)... What is your experience?

Ila

Feb 2, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
I am female INFJ..Married to ISTP...since 2years...
surprisingly. ...FIL, MIL, BIL, including my Husband ALL ARE ISTPs.......!!!
how does it feel for an INFJ to live with an ISTP....??
(I feel lack of emotional suport.....)

sorry for the inappropriate abbreviations. ....
it is..father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law... :)

I am female INFJ..Married to ISTP...since 2years...
surprisingly. ...FIL, MIL, BIL, including my Husband ALL ARE ISTPs.......!!!
how does it feel for an INFJ to live with an ISTP....??
(I feel lack of emotional suport.....)

ISTPs react badly to demands/expectations/obligations, so whether it be fair, or unfair if you are the more flexible personality, you are probably the one who can adapt so that your needs are met. I suspect that allowing yourself to be dragged into 1000 different spontaneous adventures, may be an occasion for a lot of spontaneous affection.

I'm sure you've read about ISTPs, but here is a page I looked at, when I read your post: http://www.16personalities.com/istp-relationships-dating

Flavus Aquila,
Thanks for taking interest, drawing my attention towards the page....
we are enjoying our togetherness. ....we love each-other a lllot....and have respect for each other.....both of us have the same anger issue.... and the same passion for each other.....
I think I should think on it....am , might be putting more demands on him.....will try to figure it out....
anyway. ...thanks..
:) :)

How did you end up marrying someone who you feel doesn't emotionally support you?

Maybe all T's have a hard time supporting the Fs in their life, regardless who they are.

My SIL T doesn't know how to be compassionately supportive of her husband either.

He just wants sympathy, and she thinks its weak!

Maybe all T's have a hard time supporting the Fs in their life, regardless who they are.

My SIL T doesn't know how to be compassionately supportive of her husband either.

He just wants sympathy, and she thinks its weak!

I can assure you that Thinkers also think generalisations are weak.

Flavus Aquila,
Thanks for taking interest, drawing my attention towards the page....
we are enjoying our togetherness. ....we love each-other a lllot....and have respect for each other.....both of us have the same anger issue.... and the same passion for each other.....
I think I should think on it....am , might be putting more demands on him.....will try to figure it out....
anyway. ...thanks..
:) :)
No problems. The people we love are always so wonderful and so frustrating.