INFJ curious about ENTJ | INFJ Forum

INFJ curious about ENTJ

con4cyn

Jun 17, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
I've been sort of friends with one for awhile while secretly having a crush on him that doesn't seem to go away. I don't think I'd want more than friendship from him these days, but I'm still stuck with how to handle him. How do fellow INFJs get along with an ENTJ without their sensitivity getting in the way?

Can I ask how you know this person is a Entj?

Huh, made him? Seems like you are on good terms then. Should be easy enough to pursue.

I suspect you are asking what is the possibility you might be rejected right? That always seems to be the foundational base of questions like this.

So then I would say something obvious and simple. People are people and even if the MBTI test tells you things that are eerily familiar, it doesnt mean things have to turn out a specific way. Democrats and Republicans can put aside their differences and live together if you know what I mean.

Long story short, if you like the person, try to spend time with them. Ask them out for coffee, if that goes well think of other things.

I dont think I am answering as an INFJ so maybe its not the answer you want. Good luck

For some reason, I don't mesh well with ENTJs of the opp. sex (but again, that's me thinking back and assuming that's what they are).

I honestly don't lend much credence to MBTI and who I'll get along with- there's so many other factors in there.

Welcome to the forum!

ENTJs can sometimes be intimidating. Sounds like you want to be more relaxed around him, and not have to worry about how you feel or think about what they say. ENTJs often tend to feel they are right and assert their opinions as facts. They often forget to consider the other side. The best thing is the see their responses as merely a reflection of how they think, not as truths about the world. They often give the impression they know it all and expect others to defer to their judgment. For me, I don't argue with them, but I've learned to not allow myself to fall as easily into the trap of thinking they are right or that their views are final or absolute. Don't see what they say, how they think or behave as something to contest or fight or compete with. Easier to see it as just their way. In other words, don't take their word for it that their thoughts, words, or feelings are more important then they assert. In other words, don't take them or their views as seriously as they do.

Thanks. I have a feeling my last boyfriend was an ENTJ, and we would have to stupidest fights about the stupidest things. He was also pretty insensitive. I don't need that again. What you recommend is a good way to look at it. I know they love debate, but I find it draining and I hold a grudge. I also noticed that all the positive traits of ENTJ have been traits I've found attractive. I just need to find an ENTP, I think. :)

Their sensitivity getting in the way? Hmm.

I've dated an ENTJ coworker on and off for over a year. They're fun to be around but can be draining after a short while, and as others have noted, have a penchant for always thinking they're right... sometimes even in the face of irrefragable proof contrary to their opinions.

Admittedly, that's a vague picture based on one person. If you're attracted then why not go for it?