INFJ and ISFP Relationship | INFJ Forum

INFJ and ISFP Relationship

Defective

Nov 8, 2022
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Really interested in INFJs experiences dating an ISFP.

I am currently seeing a man who is very clearly an ISFP, the main issues for me have been that he is very focused on the present and what feels good in the moment, other than that he doesn't seem to care much for the future or self growth. I know this has been my sister's (INTP) experience with an ISFP partner who just wanted to have a good time 24/7.

Please share any advice you have, or your own personal experiences. I really like him but am finding it difficult to see eye to eye with him when it comes to our priorities in life. He thinks this doesn't really matter (but he also can't think even a week ahead), so I'm inclined to believe I am correct in feeling this may be a futile effort in the long run, but I would love to be told otherwise as I really like him.

Really interested in INFJs experiences dating an ISFP.

I am currently seeing a man who is very clearly an ISFP, the main issues for me have been that he is very focused on the present and what feels good in the moment, other than that he doesn't seem to care much for the future or self growth. I know this has been my sister's (INTP) experience with an ISFP partner who just wanted to have a good time 24/7.

Please share any advice you have, or your own personal experiences. I really like him but am finding it difficult to see eye to eye with him when it comes to our priorities in life. He thinks this doesn't really matter (but he also can't think even a week ahead), so I'm inclined to believe I am correct in feeling this may be a futile effort in the long run, but I would love to be told otherwise as I really like him.

Hello @Defective. I felt like responding. I have never dated an ISFP and don't really know any ISFP females (I suspect one of my four sisters to be one though - either ISFP or ISTP imo). I have had a good friend as an ISFP and here's my take on the experience of interacting with them:
  • Overall, I really like them. They seem very low-key overall. Truly introverted. But they are quick when it comes to getting involved in the action of something.
  • I think as an INFJ, I have a "shadow" preference for wishing I could manuver in the world like an ISFP. ISFPs have a very easy time with Extraverted Sensing. They take it as it comes. They don't get worried, too excited, or too dismissive when it comes to extraverted sensation.
  • I have not tried to impact an ISFP in any way(watching them "grow" for instance, per your example); so I don't seem to share the same frustrations there. From my experience, there has been virtually no conflict at all. I've mostly seen ISFPs, in real life/not online, as mostly laid back and easy-going in their presentation. They are surprisingly good at listening and understanding things, even beyond their natural understanding level(it's that tertiary Ni).
  • I just let ISFPs be themselves, do their thing, and they've always mostly been kind to me. It only sucks if there are any serious decisions that need to be made, INFJ can feel like the ISFP doesn't care. They just do their thing, and you are expected to "let them be".
Just my two cents.