David Nelson

Permanent Fixture
Feb 18, 2022
Wirral UK
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9 possib
I don’t know if it’s just me, but do other INFJs find the idea/concept of a holiday a bit difficult? I’ve never been into travelling much as I go travelling in my head a lot. Also, the idea that a holiday is fun suggests non holiday is not fun. Also, what one does on a holiday is a bit puzzling to me. I like my projects but a conventional holiday isn’t doing them. Also, I dislike all the disruption a holiday entails, often including crowds which I hate. Anyone get me on this?? Or am I just strange?

It's just you, I love holidays

(Queue "you're not an infj" rhetoric lol)

Anyone get me on this??
I love holidays, though I could do without the logistics of preparation and return. There’s a lot of sensory overload, though, that comes with new experiences. We tend to choose quiet places away from crowds - places with sea and hills or mountains, and small villages or towns. At our age we have favourite places that we return to as well as looking for new ones. The returns are like meeting up with distant friends we’ve not seen for a while.

Or am I just strange?
LOL all INFJs are strange regardless of holiday preferences - it goes with the cape and tights!

Funny how you added the bracketed comment after.

I didn't actually, hadn't seen your comment yet
Which is why I was humored
Also everyone knows you're like this

Reactions: aeon and Jexocuha
I didn't actually, hadn't seen your comment yet
Which is why I was humored
Also everyone knows you're like this
Shit, now I’m confused!
Lack of Te makes INFJs struggle to know how others think. I’m like what? Don’t shame or mock an INFJ. It’s cruel and unnecessary, and doesn’t put you in a good light.

Reactions: Jexocuha
Don’t shame or mock an INFJ. It’s cruel and unnecessary, and doesn’t put you in a good light.

If you absorbed anything like a mature adult I wouldn't have to.
I treat people how they treat me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
Go fuck youself!

Your reaction is as predictable as your entire personality.

I mean I'll try to if you really want me to :thonking: I might have a good time.
That's not gonna fix any of your own problems though.

You and aeon are bullies. I think you have a personality disorder. Go on, tell me what’s wrong with me?

You and aeon are bullies. I think you have a personality disorder. Go on, tell me what’s wrong with me?

Your behavior is far more indicative of an actual bully.
You've been told numerous times by many members the things you do that cause them discomfort, but you're unable to absorb any of it. I've told you myself in this thread. You just don't want to accept that the problem, any problem, might be you.

Can you please delete my account. As this site is run by bullies, I’d rather not be a part of it.

I guess things make sense when you avoid trying to fix yourself and place blame on the world around you instead.
I expected too much from you, that's my bad, I'm sorry.
I only try to protect people from danger, which is the duty of a person in authority.
I think I'm going to give up on that to a large extent though, as it has largely only ever created more problems for me.
Anyway, I hope you decide to stay. I have nothing against you on a personal level.
I only want you to be aware of your own self and help to create a more positive world.

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
No idea what is going on in the comments above, but are we talking about holidays as in Christmas, Independence Day etc. or holidays as in vacations? I think both suck, lol

I have an upcoming psuedo-holiday where I will be visiting my hometown for a little more than a week as I move to a new job. I was really hoping to quietly spend some time with my little brothers, but my dad is making a big, unnecessary occasion of it by inviting lots of out-of-town relatives to come stay in our (already crowded) house so he can show me off and planning a party on the night before I have my very first day of work (moreover, my workday will start at 6am because of time zones). I'm upset that he hasn't acknowledged the fact that I will be under a lot of stress and pressure to perform during this week and will need the alone time and space to charge my mental batteries.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but do other INFJs find the idea/concept of a holiday a bit difficult? I’ve never been into travelling much as I go travelling in my head a lot. Also, the idea that a holiday is fun suggests non holiday is not fun. Also, what one does on a holiday is a bit puzzling to me. I like my projects but a conventional holiday isn’t doing them. Also, I dislike all the disruption a holiday entails, often including crowds which I hate. Anyone get me on this?? Or am I just strange?
My idea of a holiday is staying in a small timber hut in a mountain wilderness, with lots of walking trails to explore by day, and jigsaw puzzles to fiddle around with at night.

My idea of a holiday is staying in a small timber hut in a mountain wilderness, with lots of walking trails to explore by day, and jigsaw puzzles to fiddle around with at night.

This is how I spent my summers as a kid and how I live now is fairly close to it. I never want to leave.

As for the general question of the thread:

I love exploring and adventures, but I'm particular about having private space to retreat to. I dislike tourist traps and crowds. Sharing a hotel room is a nightmare. I hate camping in a tent. I hate festivals. Give me a beautiful day to explore and then time to unwind in a private space (probably with my SO) and I love it.

Definitely a cultural thing more than anything. I love going on holidays on a beautiful place and having no pressure to do anything at all, other than enjoy myself and relax. The annoyances and added stress can spoil the experience, so I tend to go to the same places over and over because then annoyances are more predictable and minimizable.

I understand where you're coming from and share your dislike of crowds. Otherwise, I absolutely adore holidays, especially Christmas and Halloween, for all the festivities, pageantry, costumes, and related culinary traditions. Growing up, the women in my family always made a special effort to be festive with decorating, cooking and baking (to the chagrin of us pack-mule males), and because they were so mirthful and sentimental, they raised an entire generation of kids that love holidays, myself included. As any reasonable adult, I do endure the fallout of Christmas-poisoning come New Years, but with belly full of good beer and home cooking, it's worth the much-dreaded small-talk with extended relatives, traveling in inclement weather, or dealing with the togetherness of too many humans. I remember reading once that the function of the religious feast day, our secular holidays now, was a day (or month) of excess - where society flips the table topsy-turvy quite literally: enthroning indulgences and overeating and drinking, like the medieval song "wine, women, and song," as cultural release from the strictures of ordinary life*. So while I can intellectualize the silliness of some of it, holidays are essentially human and good for family bonds and a little wild release.

*James George Frazer in The Golden Bough