INFJ after all | INFJ Forum

INFJ after all

Skrimpshidy

Community Member
Jan 29, 2019
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
I was on this forum a few months ago. I was going through a breakup with my INFJ girlfriend. There’s something I learned here recently after being broke up with her yet again.

If I take an MBTI test during trauma, it almost always comes up as INFP. If the test is taken in my normal relaxed state it’s always INFJ. What’s also interesting is if I’m really stressed out by life matters, it comes out as INTJ.

So, I’m wondering. Could this be a result of shadow functions? Or is it a result of lesser functions taking over dominate functions?

Reactions: Asa
Both

Reactions: Asa
I'm not going to answer your questions, but:

Inferior Te vs Se is usually pretty obvious.

How good are you at planning things in your life, and do you frequently use external data/norms to help inform your opinions?

Are you clumsy, or is it a struggle to be in the moment?

Very different types, at least how I perceive them.

Reactions: Ren and Wyote

How good are you at planning things in your life, and do you frequently use external data/norms to help inform your opinions?

Oh boy you're an esfj now

Reactions: noisebloom

Most things get planned out. Sometimes it’s a loose plan so I can keep some options open and allow for unexpected deviations.

I am not clumsy by any means. In the moment. No. I have to take several days sometimes to map out the events or experiences. Seems only then I can look back and say, “Wow! I had a pretty good time”

Or like when I spent time with my ex. I was so focused on how she was feeling that I didn’t notice how I was feeling until having solitude later. Then being like, “Oh! I love her so much! That was great!”

Most things get planned out. Sometimes it’s a loose plan so I can keep some options open and allow for unexpected deviations.

I am not clumsy by any means. In the moment. No. I have to take several days sometimes to map out the events or experiences. Seems only then I can look back and say, “Wow! I had a pretty good time”

Or like when I spent time with my ex. I was so focused on how she was feeling that I didn’t notice how I was feeling until having solitude later. Then being like, “Oh! I love her so much! That was great!”

Are you more future-focused or past-focused? Do you find yourself thinking a lot about where you want to be in your life, or how the past made you feel?

Are you more future-focused or past-focused? Do you find yourself thinking a lot about where you want to be in your life, or how the past made you feel?

Definitely more future focused. Constantly thinking of where I want to be, how to get there, etc. Though the details aren’t exactly clear. I just see where I want to be and try to make decisions based on making that happen.
Though at times past experiences do help me make judgements on patterns currently happening.

Reactions: Wyote
My opinion is that you are much more likely an INFJ.

Seems so. Most the descriptions match.

It’s just interesting what the results are when I’m in my feelings.

Reactions: Wyote