Flavus Aquila

Finding My Place in the Sun
Banned
Mar 14, 2009
Australia
MBTI
INTJ - A
Enneagram
There's a lot of videos on YouTube and elsewhere of fatal accidents, gory murder scenes, and other grizzly content. What's your opinion about these kinds of images/videos being an increasingly common type of casual media?

I'll include an example video from YouTube, a compilation of motorcycle accidents. I haven't watched it, but be warned it might contain images of injuries. I chose the video by the view count, 1.5 million.

Personally have no interest in these things. Still it shouldn't be banned. Perhaps just a mature rating.

Reactions: Gaze
Personally have no interest in these things. Still it shouldn't be banned. Perhaps just a mature rating.
At school, they showed us this kind of video as part of a one-off talk on responsible road use.

Educational purposes used to be the point, but it seems to be more an entertainment now.

I agree that they shouldn't be banned, but just clearly labelled. I'd show a relative one of these compilations if he/she was going to get a motorcycle.

Motorcycle or not it teachs people about death. Even if that's young kids who shouldn't be able to watch the video. To often (I am absolutely guilty of this) kids believe themselves to be immortal. Seeing death as it happens may not be an entirely bad thing.