[ENTJ] I'm such an old bastard.

Pin

"Magnificent Bastard" / Ren's Counterpart
Jun 26, 2017
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4, 3-8-7
Dating is a slow process. The silly conversations, the compliments, the eye-contact. I don't know, I prefer more active dates. My ideal date would probably be a motorcycle ride, car race, skydiving. I don't really like sitting down, talking in one place. I want something more engaging, honestly.

What about you?

Last edited:
I think going out to eat, and going for a drive around the city or something while listening to Thundercat sound really good. Or a long walk somewhere beautiful is nice too. I can't think anything else right. I need sleep:neutral:

giphy.gif

Dating is a slow process. The silly conversations, the compliments, the eye-contact. I don't know, I prefer more active dates. My ideal date would probably be a motorcycle ride, car race, skydiving. I don't really like sitting down, talking in one place. I want something more engaging, honestly.

What about you?
Then do it

This is one of those things people don't figure out until their turn comes up that with age such gets harder regardless of type and gender especially when one has a history to boot. Personally I'd stay single and enjoy the savings to do things like travel or simply to have nice things that would have otherwise never been afforded.

Probably best to meet someone in real life to do that. In my experience, with online dating, the first date is a bit of a tester then if there's a second it's more of an investment. So I'll go for a few drinks on the first one but that's about it because I can't really tell if I like someone through messages.

Also, they might be a photogenic minger. As a catfish myself, I'm wary of that kind of thing.

It's totally doable though. You ever done a skydive?

But I need money

You can do plenty of things without money, just use your imagination (NOT sexual ffs) and look things up on the internet - the world is your oyster!

Do you guys have things like sky diving for charity? Where you raise a certain amount for the charity and then you get to sky dive? Or anything else like that?

You could visit free places like museums if any are around, check out quirky, vintage shops or markets, free festivals or concerts, free drama/dance classes maybe? Cycling at your local park end with a picnic?

But definitely would love a ride on a motorbike into the sunset :hearteyes:

You can do plenty of things without money, just use your imagination (NOT sexual ffs) and look things up on the internet - the world is your oyster!

Do you guys have things like sky diving for charity? Where you raise a certain amount for the charity and then you get to sky dive? Or anything else like that?

You could visit free places like museums if any are around, check out quirky, vintage shops or markets, free festivals or concerts, free drama/dance classes maybe? Cycling at your local park end with a picnic?

But definitely would love a ride on a motorbike into the sunset :hearteyes:
I have museums near me mostly, a city to walk through. No charity skydives that I could find. I'll have to keep looking things up online.

I have museums near me mostly, a city to walk through. No charity skydives that I could find. I'll have to keep looking things up online.

You can just do a charity skydive. It's cheaper when you book as a group of ten or more usually. I don't really know how much of what I raised actually went to the charity since there was a minimum you had to raise which presumably covered the cost of the skydive...

If that is the kind of date you want, ask a woman to do those things with you. Just remember that you may need to take a long, quiet car ride with someone you barely know to get to some fun places (like skydiving or a zip line).
For me, it isn't what we do, it is who I am doing it with. My husband brought me on an unromantic errand for our first date. Single women still can't believe I dated him after that, and he and I still laugh about what a funny and unusual date it was.

I clicked on this thread because I was intrigued by the title but now im not sure why it is called that. I want to know!
But anyway if you want to do those things then perhaps you could look up groups interested in those things and meet people that way. Personally i'm not sure how you could get to know someone without talking to them extensively and I wouldnt be interested in someone unless i really got to know them.
But...I've never actually been on a 'date' so what do I know.

Skydiving is an amazing experience, regardless of who's around, and totally worth doing for the sake of doing it. I've only done tandem with an instructor. He was an excitable person and kept trying to talk to me during the floating bit and i kinda wished that he would just shut up and let me enjoy pretending to fly in peace lol.
Also, there's indoor skydiving which is way more affordable but also a lot of fun. We went for my daughter's birthday and I got a groupon which got us an over 50% discount.