If Dating Apps Were Honest | INFJ Forum

If Dating Apps Were Honest

Roses In The Vineyard

Jul 11, 2018
MBTI
INFJ
Society can be cruel sometimes shockingly so especially when it comes to dating.

Reactions: slant
If you are a man you should learn about hypergamy and the nature of women. Dating apps are mostly useless for average men.

Reactions: Ulla Lulla
I thought this was going to be an exercise where we write a real AF dating profile that is devoid of bullshit.

If you are a man you should learn about hypergamy and the nature of women.

Women as a whole don’t have any singular nature, because they are not a monolithic block. Each and every is unique in her own way.

As it concerns hypergamy, there are many reasons why a person may choose a particular partner, and it might be one among them. What a person wants, prefers, works toward, and chooses, changes over time.

In any case, it’s as valid a reason as any other, depending on your values and perspective.

Dating apps are mostly useless for average men.

They’re mostly useless for average women too. They simply monetize human needs and then prostitute them. It’s good for the investors, certainly.

I had a six month relationship a few years ago when a woman found me on OKCupid and liked the cut of my jib. Her name was Kirsten, and she had lots of freckles as well as long and curly red hair. What a nerd! She had a pet tarantula.

It wasn’t meant to last, because we were at different places in our lives. I was unsure of our age difference, inasmuch as I was 45, and she was 33. That said, we had fun during our time together. She was as sex-positive as I am, and finding a partner who isn’t saddled with guilt or shame is always a very good thing.

Dating apps and sites are just a tool, and they can never be the only, or even main, option.

And anyway, the smart money knows you find the real golden hearts, gems, and sweet peaches on MBTI forums. Worked for me!

Cheers,
Ian

If you are a man you should learn about hypergamy and the nature of women. Dating apps are mostly useless for average men.
Honestly, I've met the most beautiful women in real life, not so much online. Women also vary a lot individually; men too.

And honestly, most men aren't great people or even very good people and that goes double for the men in the world who have the most power, those who head companies and countries.

If men were so awesome, especially the men who run the world now, the world wouldn't be such shit.

We live in a world with poverty, starvation, famine, and disease, and it's a small portion of men who wield the most power in it. Something's really fucked up about that.

I remember not long ago listening to the horror stories my friend had of people she met through online dating sites. And then I wondered why it was that you couldn't leave reviews on profiles after dates. But apparently that's mean spirited.

I remember not long ago listening to the horror stories my friend had of people she met through online dating sites. And then I wondered why it was that you couldn't leave reviews on profiles after dates. But apparently that's mean spirited.
You'd be a polite date, I'm sure. Are you naturally talkative?

Honestly, I've met the most beautiful women in real life, not so much online. Women also vary a lot individually; men too.

And honestly, most men aren't great people or even very good people and that goes double for the men in the world who have the most power, those who head companies and countries.

If men were so awesome, especially the men who run the world now, the world wouldn't be such shit.

We live in a world with poverty, starvation, famine, and disease, and it's a small portion of men who wield the most power in it. Something's really fucked up about that.
Great job being a white knight.

Great job being a white knight.
I'm not simping for women on the internet or whatever the fuck. I'm just calling it like I see it.

46 men have been President of the United States and yet there are still Americans going bankrupt from medical emergencies.

Almost 90 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs are men and billions of people are still living in squalor or paycheck to paycheck.

Blaming all of the world's biggest problems on women doesn't sound accurate to me man. For most of human history rich and powerful men have been running the show almost all of the time and people are still suffering unnecessarily.

Yeah, you can find the rare female leaders in high-level positions of power but it's been men the overwhelming majority of the time and the world order is still pretty fucked up, especially if you're lower class.

Do you think that the world is a just place? A fair place? Well, wake the fuck up! It's not.

Last edited:
Reactions: yokai, Asa and aeon
I married a very extroverted person who did most of the talking lol. Actually he was really good at getting me to talk; asking questions, etc.
Here's a question for you. Am I wrong here?

Also, I'm happy that you're in a relationship dynamic that works for you Acd. I've always preferred introverted women because there's a sense of mystery there if that makes sense.

Reactions: John K and acd
Do you think that the world is a just place? A fair place? Well, wake the fuck up! It's not.

The patriarchy is one hell of a drug, Pin.

Reactions: Asa and Pin
I'm not simping for women on the internet or whatever the fuck. I'm just calling it like I see it.

46 men have been President of the United States and yet there are still Americans going bankrupt from medical emergencies.

Almost 90 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs are men and billions of people are still living in squalor or paycheck to paycheck.

Blaming all of the world's biggest problems on women doesn't sound accurate to me man. For most of human history rich and powerful men have been running the show almost all of the time and people are still suffering unnecessarily.

Yeah, you can find the rare female leaders in high-level positions of power but it's been men the overwhelming majority of the time and the world order is still pretty fucked up, especially if you're lower class.

OK boomer calm down no need to get in a fit. I apologize if I triggered you. I actually care about giving people useful advice rather than trying to make myself feel better.

Last edited:
Online dating sites can work. My elder son met his long term partner through one. Mind you my younger son met his on a zombie walk - I’m waiting to see if it shows soon in their nearly two year old twins.

So you'd just stare at the dude? In that case, how did you manage to get married?
That’s not really how many of us introverts work. Both my wife and I are pretty introverted and we found it wonderful easy to relax and be ourselves in each other’s company when we first met at university. That was so important to both of us - not having to pretend.