ideas to reality | INFJ Forum

ideas to reality

Blind Bandit

Blind Man Being Lead to Nowhere
Donor
Jan 28, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
So I'm curious have any INFJs ever experienced a sort of block on thinking out new ideas or ways to do things. I can't seem to move forward or find new ideas. It feels like writers block almost. I run a general board (I can provide a link if anyone is curious) and it seems I'm just drawing blank on anything new. I've never really been an idea guy but this is getting to be frustrating.

I'm also curious if anyone knows of good techniques to remove blocks like this.

Maybe I'm just burned out....

Thanks,

BB

freewrite... just write anything, hell - even copy an article or some song lyrics you have sstuck in your head.

hmm ya happens to me too with music and some other things. I've noticed it's because I tend to use rigid or structured creativity as opposed to pure free flowing creativity. Trying too hard typically doesn't help in my experience, so I would try to not force anything. Also, try to get into a different frame of mind if you can or look to your surroundings for inspiration. Talking to people about your ideas or collaborating will also help spawn new paths in your mind. You also mentioned maybe your just burned out. Take a break for awhile and come back to it later, this may help you get a fresh perspective.

freewrite... just write anything, hell - even copy an article or some song lyrics you have sstuck in your head.

God knows I've not written for the sake of writing in fair to long. Thanks to college and other activities needing strict form. I think I've suppressed my creativity a bit.

hmm ya happens to me too with music and some other things. I've noticed it's because I tend to use rigid or structured creativity as opposed to pure free flowing creativity. Trying too hard typically doesn't help in my experience, so I would try to not force anything. Also, try to get into a different frame of mind if you can or look to your surroundings for inspiration. Talking to people about your ideas or collaborating will also help spawn new paths in your mind. You also mentioned maybe your just burned out. Take a break for awhile and come back to it later, this may help you get a fresh perspective.

Ya I've been falling into the forcing things to work rut lately. I know that doesn't work. But I'm guessing its the feeling that I'm just supposed to know what to do and be like oh heres the answer.

Maybe if I can just stop stressing maybe I can bring some of my creativity back.

I know what you mean.. It's hard to explain, but I feel more of an apathy on occasion, almost as if I don't even care to come up with new ideas or approaches to things. I kind of shut down when I'm inundated with stress or demands for a prolonged period of time.

I included some links below to really good sites to look into regarding writer's block. Have you ever played 'exquisite corpse'? It's a dada technique. Cut-up works well, too. Just cut out phrases or words from newspapers and magazines and then arrange them into an idea (your subconscious will help you with this.)

Stream of conscious writing in my opinion, works best though. Write down every thought and perception and sensation, and just go with it wherever. Or try to get into the mindset that no matter where you are, who you're talking to, or what you're doing-- look at everything as a poem. Search for patterns and irony and symbolism in things.

www.languageisavirus.com

http://www.alxvy.org/cutup.html

http://www.everypoet.com/haiku/default.htm

I'm curious to see what you come up with.

Last edited: