the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
[video=youtube;uyxzg58JkYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uyxzg58JkYI[/video]

Bankers = criminals. Sounds right to me.

Reactions: muir
I would chuck it all for an Icelandic goddess.

Reactions: brightmoon
I second that.

One of my goals in life is to stay in Iceland for a while seduce an Icelandic woman.

let's figure out a way to get more Icelanders on the forum

this makes me happy, but then i thought about it. if Iceland forgave its population's debt how much money are they out? 50 bucks? VOLCANOES! =(

Sound's like Iceland's public are willing to protest to get what they want.....good luck to them

Whats more important: that the population are all housed, fed and clothed or that bankers have huge personal fortunes?

View attachment 12914

Icelandic Prime Minister Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir, the world's first openly gay [and unbelievably hot] top leader.

Awesome.

Totally rad. Go Iceland! People can do anything if they care enough to and work together. Yay for people!

Katrín Jakobsdóttir

View attachment 12931

Icelandic politician and a member of the Althing (Iceland's parliament).
She is vice-chairman of the Left-Green Movement and Iceland's Minister of Education, Science and Culture.

I couldn't find this reported anywhere on mainstream media! So I thought maybe it was a conspiracy. But evidently, they didn't report it because it is not quite true, according to this, anyway:

http://wizbangblog.com/2012/04/14/did-iceland-forgive-the-majority-of-its-citizens-mortgage-debt/

The IMF is recommending mortgage reduction/restructuring programs. http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0410/imf-says-targeted-debt-reduction-policies-can-work.html If you don't feel like reading the whole article, here is the gist of it:

…which sounds a lot more reasonable and realistic than the Spanish language report, which appears to be highly inaccurate. Even in a small nation like Iceland (320,000 citizens) the process of re-evaluating home values and restructuring mortgages to more closely match those values (along with the current financial situations of borrowers) is a slow and time consuming process. And of course it would be an utter disaster if banks were forced to simply erase a significant portion of their assets, regardless of how well-intentioned the reasons were. But it’s good that Iceland is making a serious attempt at helping honest borrowers keep their homes and pay back their mortgage loans.

It’s also reassuring to see that they’ve put the heads of both politicians and bankers on the chopping block, which is more than I can say for our own government.

Would love to see mortgages restructured here as well and I think it will likely happen.

Good luck to all with the Icelandic women, however. Maybe one of them can tell us what is actually happening in Iceland! That would be cool. (Hahahaha get it, COOL? ICEland?) yeah, never mind gotta run.

"Piss off sir I go for a pint"

[video=youtube;aVlNZ3SIPbo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVlNZ3SIPbo[/video]

Edit: oops Iceland not Ireland lol

Reactions: muir
Dr. HerdÃs Þorgeirsdóttir

iu

Herdis Thorgeirsdottir is a partner at VIK law firm in Reykjavik. She was appointed a Professor of Law at Bifrost College in 2004.[7] Herdis Thorgeirsdottir is the representative of Iceland at the European Commission for Democracy through Law/Venice Commission, where she is the chair of the sub-committee on human rights.[8] In 2009, she was elected President of the European Womens Lawyers' Association (EWLA).

She announced her candidacy for President of Iceland on March 30, 2012.[

Last edited:
Is this thread meant to entice us to move to Iceland with its abundance of progressive, politically inclined women?

iu

"I’d lay my ear to
the cracking of the ice
in the hope of hearing it
retreat
if I didn’t know
I’d be frozen fast

The ice lets no one go

My country
a spread deathbed
my initials stitched
on the icy linen

from Patriotic Poem

To stand apart from the wealth of poetic talent currently working in Iceland requires a unique eloquence of expression. The diminutive north sea nation is not short on artists, musicians and poets. Bearing a unique cultural tradition that emanates from the poetic, that is the written and spoken word of the sagas and the eddas, Iceland is a novum for ethereal, intuitive, organic poetry. Gerður Kristný is as fine an example as is to be found. Her work is cautious and collected, an image driven poetess, hollowing out poems into delicate structures that offer like the climate and geography of Iceland itself, a sense of humility, of beloved uncertainty and an appreciation of that which immediately surrounds. Her fourth collection is soon to appear in the upcoming year."

http://poetryintlreports.wordpress.com/2012/03/16/maintenant-5-gerdur-kristny/

Last edited:
Reactions: brightmoon
[MENTION=1939]Stu[/MENTION] you are strangely endearing. and im not trying to patronise you, that was a backhanded compliment

Reactions: Stu