[INFJ] - I would like any and all input here. (tl;dr warning) | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] I would like any and all input here. (tl;dr warning)

TheTane

Four
Feb 21, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
I'm an INFJ. Today I came across a bunch of stuff talking about how a lot of people falsely think that they're INFJ's when they actually are INFP's or something like that, particularly because they just want to be "the rarest type". I'm fairly certain that I'm an INFJ, but ever since reading that stuff I've started to wonder if somehow I forced it unconsciously, or something like that. I'm no expert on MTBI stuff, I'm just a 22 year old film/psychology major who's fascinated by the whole thing (especially with how unbelievably accurate and insightful it's been for me and those I know). Essentially what I'm wondering is, how would I know if I were not an INFJ? I've never taken any "official" MBTI test, but I have taken every quiz google could come up with, as well as multiple quizzes from books. Every time, I've come up with INFJ aside from one result being INFP. When I initially took it, I had no idea what type I was, what type I wanted to be, or what type meant what. I simply took the quiz and then read about it after and was surprised by how accurate INFJ was for me. Since then, because it said it was the rarest type, I wanted to be positive that I actually was an INFJ, so I decided to take every test/quiz/whatever that I could find as well as read up on all INFJ information I came across. This was about 6-8 months ago. Like I said, every result except for one was INFJ. Here are some specific parts of my character that I don't know whether or not they apply to being an INFJ.

My dad is an XNFJ, in the last 10 years he's been shifting more towards the I side.

I'm incredibly impatient when I drive. Slow drivers piss me off to no end. I get unreasonably angry when I'm driving, and usually not much elsewhere.

I have only "exploded" on one or two people in my life, and I don't think I even went all out. I'm not even sure what I'm capable of when I completely lose control, I just have the strong sense that it's very reckless.

I love music. Music, film, and psychology consume my whole life. I feel like my life is empty without creative endeavors.

I'm very neglectful of details except for when it comes to things I really give a shit about, like my music. Sometimes I spend weeks working on a single sound for a song. I know that not being good with details is typical of INFJ's, but I don't know if the obsessive-detail-conscious thing about my music and film and such is or not.

I feel like I'm terribly complex and I really dislike it a lot of the time. I find it very difficult to understand why some things affect me emotionally. There are some aspects of myself that I feel like I understand to the very core, and there are other parts that seem completely foreign to me; so foreign that sometimes it's hard for me to believe that it's even a part of me.

I've always been oddly aware of others' intentions, feelings, thoughts, etc. and I've never known why. Even as a little kid, I remember just "knowing" things about people and thinking it was kind of weird that I knew it.

Something I only became conscious of about two years ago is that I often take on the feelings, insecurities, mindsets, etc. of those around me and I can't control it. I notice it even more when doing psychedelics (I went through a major drug phase in high school), but whenever I'm around someone who is socially uncomfortable, insecure about something, or shy, I notice myself feeling more insecure than normal, or uncomfortable or whatever.

One of my major goals in life is to get people to think in a different way. Not necessarily good or bad, just to think from a different perspective. For instance, I like writing stories/films about typically "bad" people, but getting the audience to still identify with the human part of them and even sympathize with them. I think this is partially because I feel like I'm seen as a "bad" person (long, long, long backstory for this, but essentially it has to do with a lot of drugs in high school) and that because of that people don't look at my actual personality and my human qualities.

I wish I could just meet some of you and then maybe get a more accurate estimation from knowing my full character, but I guess this is as good as it's going to get. I'm trying to be as objective as possible with all of this and remove any potential biases of mine, but I'm pretty sure that isn't possible. Anyway, I would just like to know what you guys/gals think. I'm not very experienced with this kind of stuff, I just want to get other people's opinions on the matter. Do you guys think I'm an INFJ? If not, what am I?

TL;DR
Too bad for you.