I Went To The Mall Today..... | INFJ Forum

I Went To The Mall Today.....

sumone

down the rabbit hole
Dec 20, 2008
MBTI
infj
It was good though because my 15 year old daughter was with us and she was excited to be there. I told myself before we went that it wasn't about me but solely for her happiness today so I relaxed and tried to enjoy it.
There was one point though when we stopped for a bite to eat in the 'food court' that it pretty much got to me, the busyness and the crowds. I excused myself and went to the washroom and when I got into the cubicle I sat down and put my head in my hands. It was so noisy, even in the washroom that inside I was saying, "Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up."
I did manage to zone out for a couple of minutes when we were eating. We carried on and my daughter is thrilled with her new back to school clothes. From there we went to the grocery superstore ............ Needless to say I am happy to be home again.
Even though there were a zillion people I could have connected to today I stayed fully connected to my daughter and it worked out beautifully. Once home though flashes of certain people we saw at the mall have appeared in my mind.

oooh I know that feeling...We recently finished up school shopping too and it was such a horrible busy mess at the stores it was so difficult for me I was so ready to go home and lock myself in my room and ask for 3 hours of alone time!

Yeah, I guess I'm still in the teenage, like-to-get-new-stuff stage. I don't mind crowds too much as long as I have some friends to distract me, but they make me feel so small and isolated when I'm alone.
That's when whenever I am alone, I make a sincere point to try to stand up straight and walk with supreme confidence, like I don't care what anyone else thinks. I even try to tell myself that I don't (and it works...occasionally). It helps me so that I don't feel so nervous and, thus, makes it so that I don't feel like crawling into a hole somewhere.

gloomy-optimist said:
Yeah, I guess I'm still in the teenage, like-to-get-new-stuff stage. I don't mind crowds too much as long as I have some friends to distract me, but they make me feel so small and isolated when I'm alone.
That's when whenever I am alone, I make a sincere point to try to stand up straight and walk with supreme confidence, like I don't care what anyone else thinks. I even try to tell myself that I don't (and it works...occasionally). It helps me so that I don't feel so nervous and, thus, makes it so that I don't feel like crawling into a hole somewhere.

yeah i think i agree with you.
but i try to make the best of things. i just don't like to meet people I know in supermarkets or the gym, etc.