I need a conclusion on this. | INFJ Forum

I need a conclusion on this.

andrea guzzo

Mar 29, 2018
MBTI
infj
Enneagram
non lo so
There may be endless topics on this I don't know. This is actually stressing me out

So I went to 50 signs of INFJ, and then and 50 signs and their both me ( but they are very similar I have to say)
So I went for tests, I made around five. 3 didn't show the final % and said INFJ. The other 2 show the the final % and said and 51% INFP 49 % INFJ or 20 questions INFP and 19 questions INFJ.
Then I went for random infos about both everywhere in the web, and as "personal" result I would say... 70%INFJ 30%INFP?
I also went for youtube videos and they share all parts of me

Whats the REAL difference? Any CONCRET tip?

Always insecure in their own MBTI type person greets you :D
The greatest way to answer your "am I *that MBTI type* or *other MBTI type*?" inner questions is to look through list of cognitive functions, because one source can say that, for example, INFJs are cold and non-emotional, and other source will say "no, they aren't".
Sorry if you have already looked through cognitive functions of both of these types, but, just in case, I'll list them here:

INFJ - Ni Fe Ti Se
INFP - Fi Ne Si Te

So there're, as I subjectively think, big differences between Ni-Fe and Fi-Ne couples, so maybe reading about these functions more will help you!! (again, sorry if you have already done that)
Hope you'll find out the truth! (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

Defenitly INFJ. But I kinda absorb so much about INFP I almost would say BOTH. Are these functions opposite? LIke Ni opposite to Ne? Becuase I defenitly have or use both considering the description

We all use all 8 functions. The difference lies in the degree of proficiency and the perspective of use.

Reactions: Asa and Free
Exception for "se" the others seems on the same level for me

Last edited:
Still, same question.

"You prefer to live in the present moment, rather than dwelling on the past or day dreaming about the future. "Be Here Now" comes naturally to you. You are almost always tuned into the present moment, and you wonder why other people seem so spaced out." Defenitly not my biggest strenght, even though the rest of the description is relatable

"You prefer to live in the present moment, rather than dwelling on the past or day dreaming about the future. "Be Here Now" comes naturally to you. You are almost always tuned into the present moment, and you wonder why other people seem so spaced out." Defenitly not my biggest strenght, even though the rest of the description is relatable
That description only accounts for one block, if not only one position in the stack. Not a good reference point for any of the other three.

Ever felt like this?

• I feel as though my mind is murky and opaque.
  • I cannot find meaningful direction or purpose in life.
  • Every day feels the same but I don’t know how to change it.
  • I am easily thwarted, easily provoked, easily disturbed.
  • I can’t help feeling frustrated, angry, implacable.
  • I am inexplicably clumsy, unfocused, accident/error prone.
  • I fuss over aesthetic imperfections or rage when things don’t go my way.
  • I exert control through physicality (cleaning, organizing, exercising, etc).
  • I restlessly seek out “facts” to justify my impulsive/reckless actions.
  • I engage in hedonistic behavior to drown out emptiness/negativity.
  • I seek excitement but always end up apathetic/dissatisfied.
  • I often regret spending too much time (obsessing) on trivial things.

The second possbility for your stance on Se would result in either of these two options:

1-
  • I feel as though I cannot express myself.
  • I am unable to recognize my good qualities.
  • I am too weak to overcome my negative attitude.
  • I am empty, hardened, uninterested, remote.
  • I can’t help being blunt, critical, aggressive.
  • I am inexplicably full of self-reproach, blame, disapproval.
  • I am ready to pick a fight with anyone I find disagreeable.
  • I have an overpowering urge to “correct” everything.
  • I hate being a failure but don’t see how I can be otherwise.
  • I make many fleeting/failed attempts to get my life together.
  • Even if I can get organized, I can’t follow through with plans.
  • I dislike/despise everything but see no feasible solutions.
2-
  • I feel strangely clouded and confused.
  • I am unable to make sense of my problems.
  • I don’t know why I am doing the negative things I do.
  • I am uncool, awkward, unconfident, “not myself”.
  • I can’t help feeling strangely guilty, inadequate, inferior, undesirable.
  • I inexplicably seek out affirmation, approval, agreement.
  • I go out of my way to provoke/get attention from a particular person.
  • I don’t know how I get caught up in relationship drama.
  • I don’t normally consider what people think but now I can’t brush it off.
  • I often suspect people are manipulating/controlling me.
  • I suddenly realize I am inept and fear damaging a relationship.
  • I am suddenly very bothered about feeling alienated/alone.

• I feel as though my mind is murky and opaque.......... y but gettin better every year
  • I cannot find meaningful direction or purpose in life.......... I do find it but Im aware that I could change it anytime
  • Every day feels the same but I don’t know how to change it............ y but gettin better every year
  • I am easily thwarted, easily provoked, easily disturbed.............. no
  • I can’t help feeling frustrated, angry, implacable.................. I can't if I don't know why
  • I am inexplicably clumsy, unfocused, accident/error prone................. unfocused for sure
  • I fuss over aesthetic imperfections or rage when things don’t go my way. .............. y but gettin better every year
  • I exert control through physicality (cleaning, organizing, exercising, etc)............... y
  • I restlessly seek out “facts” to justify my impulsive/reckless actions................... y
  • I engage in hedonistic behavior to drown out emptiness/negativity............... no
  • I seek excitement but always end up apathetic/dissatisfied. ................. no
  • I often regret spending too much time (obsessing) on trivial things.............. y

1-
    • I feel as though I cannot express myself.............. no
    • I am unable to recognize my good qualities. ............. no
    • I am too weak to overcome my negative attitude.............. no
    • I am empty, hardened, uninterested, remote.............. no
    • I can’t help being blunt, critical, aggressive.............. no
    • I am inexplicably full of self-reproach, blame, disapproval................ no
    • I am ready to pick a fight with anyone I find disagreeable................ no
    • I have an overpowering urge to “correct” everything................ just people sing intonation, wrong notes bothers me to death
    • I hate being a failure but don’t see how I can be otherwise............... no
    • I make many fleeting/failed attempts to get my life together................ y
    • Even if I can get organized, I can’t follow through with plans.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, y
    • I dislike/despise everything but see no feasible solutions. ................... no
    2-
    • I feel strangely clouded and confused. y
    • I am unable to make sense of my problems.................... perfect 50/50
    • I don’t know why I am doing the negative things I do. ........... y
    • I am uncool, awkward, unconfident, “not myself”................. was used to change based on context or person in front, better every year to just remain myself
    • I can’t help feeling strangely guilty, inadequate, inferior, undesirable........... no
    • I inexplicably seek out affirmation, approval, agreement.................. no
    • I go out of my way to provoke/get attention from a particular person.............. y
    • I don’t know how I get caught up in relationship drama...................... y ahahahahah
    • I don’t normally consider what people think but now I can’t brush it off. ........... I love to know what people think
    • I often suspect people are manipulating/controlling me................... y
    • I suddenly realize I am inept and fear damaging a relationship.................... no
    • I am suddenly very bothered about feeling alienated/alone................... y enough

Result doc?

Reactions: Free
So, if I invert the answers... INFP in basically a living failure? I don't get it. Any example of questions from above that describe an INFP? With the right answer ofc

15 Signs You're An INFP

1. Your flirting skills are...unique, and let's face it, often ineffective.................. no
2. You cry when you're angry............. yes
3. You have this happy personality and a sad soul......... yes
4. You're the dreamer, the healer, and the mediator............. yes
5. Your brain, full of scribbles, somehow maintains the ability to help everyone else.......... yes
6. When someone you're close with is the slightest bit off, you're off too.......... yes
7. You want everything you do to mean something............. yes
8. You often best get your thoughts and feelings out through a creative outlet........ yes
9. You're not the best at decision making....... enough yes
10. You're guarded, which makes getting to know you quite difficult.......... yes
11. You need a lot of relaxation.......... yes
12. Small talk is the enemy........ yes
13. Your insecurity can quickly turn into turmoil.......... yes
14. You're driven by your happiness more than money........... yes
15. You're a "what if" kind of person............. yes

All INFP test ends up like this while INFJ test all ends up with yes. You talk like there' a huge gap between the two but yet I have to find one honestly.. with the respective explanation please

Are these functions opposite? LIke Ni opposite to Ne? Becuase I defenitly have or use both considering the description

No, Ni and Ne are not opposite. They are both types of intuition, the difference is in how it's directed. Ni is introverted, focusing on a person's internal world. Ne is extraverted, focusing on the outer or external world. Think of it as a spectrum with Introverted Intuition on one end and Extraverted Intuition on the other. You may use both, but you have a preference for one style that would fall somewhere between, closer to either Ni or Ne. This is also true for the three other types of functions (Feeling, Thinking, and Sensing). So, while everyone has all 8 functions, their prefered style for each makes up the top four cognitive functions. So while you can understand or see yourself using both, you likely have a preference for one style over the other.

Since INFP leads with Fi and INFJ has Fe as the secondary function, I suggest determining whether you prefer Fi or Fe as your feeling function. Do you regularly prioritize the needs of the group above your own? Do you like to make sure everyone is getting their needs met? - Or - Do you have a strong sense of personal identity? Is it more important to you to understand your own values and emotions and do what feels right to you?

You could also consider what loop you get stuck in when you are severely stressed or feeling down:
  • (INFP Fi - Si Loop) Do you replay negative past events over and over in your mind, focusing on the emotions you experienced? Do you feel indifferent to the idea of new possibilities, and think the negative experiences will occur again and again?
  • (INFJ Ni - Ti Loop) Do you suppress your emotions? Do you become extremely withdrawn and private, shutting yourself off from others, and finding it difficult to express yourself to those closest to you? Do you have a tendency to become so logical and analytical that you avoid considering your own feelings or the feelings of others?

Reactions: jkxx, Ren and Free
There may be endless topics on this I don't know. This is actually stressing me out

So I went to 50 signs of INFJ, and then and 50 signs and their both me ( but they are very similar I have to say)
So I went for tests, I made around five. 3 didn't show the final % and said INFJ. The other 2 show the the final % and said and 51% INFP 49 % INFJ or 20 questions INFP and 19 questions INFJ.
Then I went for random infos about both everywhere in the web, and as "personal" result I would say... 70%INFJ 30%INFP?
I also went for youtube videos and they share all parts of me

Whats the REAL difference? Any CONCRET tip?

Honestly, trying to drive off of behaviors is so hard to do. All of the type descriptions and "392 ways to know your an..." lists make it so hard to find clarity because they are so subjective. There's no way to know if the person who wrote it knows what they are talking about. So often, the writers may not even be for typed correctly themselves. I've struggled over this very thing for a really long time, actually. I have tested as an INTJ a lot over the years, but really started to doubt it as time went on.

Recently, I started to understand the difference between Te/Ti and Fe/Fi and that has made all the difference. I know I'm not an INTJ because I've realized I don't have Te from being around people who obviously do. There's more than that, but the point is that the functions are so important. The type descriptions and even the behavior based descriptions of the functions do more harm than good, I think.

One of the best things I've done is read "Gifts Differing" by Isabel Myers. It cut through a lot of the noise for me and gave me a lot of clarity.

Maybe not a straight answer, but I hope it's helpful.

Honestly, trying to drive off of behaviors is so hard to do. All of the type descriptions and "392 ways to know your an..." lists make it so hard to find clarity because they are so subjective. There's no way to know if the person who wrote it knows what they are talking about. So often, the writers may not even be for typed correctly themselves. I've struggled over this very thing for a really long time, actually. I have tested as an INTJ a lot over the years, but really started to doubt it as time went on.

Recently, I started to understand the difference between Te/Ti and Fe/Fi and that has made all the difference. I know I'm not an INTJ because I've realized I don't have Te from being around people who obviously do. There's more than that, but the point is that the functions are so important. The type descriptions and even the behavior based descriptions of the functions do more harm than good, I think.

One of the best things I've done is read "Gifts Differing" by Isabel Myers. It cut through a lot of the noise for me and gave me a lot of clarity.

Maybe not a straight answer, but I hope it's helpful.

Thank you. I did the same thing and my personality is infj. My soul something else

Reactions: jkxx and hauteur