I just saw... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

I just saw...

I got back from seeing The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. I actually thought it was pretty good. Surprisingly, it was not a typical Rob Cohen film in that it wasn't overly serious in tone. It was just a fun movie to sit back and enjoy. Returning characters continue to seem to enjoy playing their parts, much like the first two. Although the film takes place in 1946, and I am puzzled how Brendan Fraser has remained looking so youthful over the years. But I suppose that's merely a technicality, since the movies aren't meant to be taken seriously. It also seems that there may be another film, as this one was kept open for one.

Uberfuhrer said:
I got back from seeing The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. I actually thought it was pretty good. Surprisingly, it was not a typical Rob Cohen film in that it wasn't overly serious in tone. It was just a fun movie to sit back and enjoy. Returning characters continue to seem to enjoy playing their parts, much like the first two. Although the film takes place in 1946, and I am puzzled how Brendan Fraser has remained looking so youthful over the years. But I suppose that's merely a technicality, since the movies aren't meant to be taken seriously. It also seems that there may be another film, as this one was kept open for one.

I really want to see this one too! They are always kept open! LOL

I watched Charlotte's Web (live action version), which came from Netflix yesterday. I almost cried in the movie -- maybe it was Danny Elfman's wonderful musical score, or maybe it's because pigs are really cute.

As a G-rated picture, the film was naturally subtly twisted. The film contained a bacon breakfast and some references to pork rinds. I was surprised that the pig didn't get fed any bacon...I wonder if that is something that the American Humane Society would protest against?

Regardless, despite discussion and images of pork, the end credits stated, "No animal was harmed in the making of this film."

Tonight, I'm seeing The Clone Wars.

I'm going to watch Clone Wars tomorrow, and Wall-E whenever it comes out in australia... eeeee, looks so cute.

I saw Death Race tonight, and I fell in love with the film's gritty aesthetics. It was quite the action set piece and I enjoyed it immensely for that. Not many action movies these days have such gratuitous blood and gore -- it's always toned down for the PG-13 audience. And for that, I thought the film was admirable, overall.

I just wished it could have been longer.

The film was especially not bad for a Paul W.S. Anderson film, either...although his non-video game adaptations are not that bad -- I enjoyed Event Horizon and Soldier for a similar reason as Death Race; underneath such obviously dumb stories lay an aesthetic that really made the fictitious world come alive.

His films are usually well-directed, but he desperately needs someone else to write his screenplays.

I'll have to re-watch Death Race 2000, which I have not seen in a while.

Hey, do you guys have a lot of arthouse cinemas where you live?

Just wondering how it is in the US.

And apathy doesn't buy movie tickets.

But eventually, the parents of little kids do.... little kids who don't know how horrible a movie is, but do know that it's filled with adorable doggies.

Yeah.... that's why the stupid movie is still in the box office top ten *shudder*

In other news (well, it isn't exactly news, but it cheers me up considerably)
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2008-07-01-wall-e-oscar_N.htm

Wall-e is so darned awesome.

Recently, i went and saw City of Ember.... ahhhh, the only other PG movie this year that just rocks my socks off!

I watched two movies this evening:

First, I watched Doomsday, which I got from Netflix on Blu-Ray. It certainly wasn't bad for a British survival movie. But the whole virus wiping out the population thing is really getting tired. However, the picture had very diverse environments which oddly didn't seem confused. It combines a cannibalistic rock concert with medieval warfare. Having said that, I sometimes felt like I was watching a folk metal music video. Still, having expected to consume bare bones from the film, it wasn't half bad.

The second film I watched was Journey to the Center of the Earth with Brendan Fraser, which I rented from Red Box on DVD (they don't rent Blu-Ray discs). Sadly, the rental didn't come with 3D glasses, so I couldn't watch the 3D version of the film. I absolutely loved the film, however. It was filled with endless creativity that really sucks you in (except for the mine car roller coaster). This is a movie worth buying not just for the 3D glasses that will come with a full purchase.