How would your parents describe you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How would your parents describe you?

Mother = ESTJ
She'd say I was smart and creative, yet lacking in common sense. She thinks I hate people and that I'm a misanthrope. Oh, and lazy and messy.

Father = ESFP
Basically he always doted on me.

No, they're both wrong. But I cut them out from my life at 18.

My mom would say that I am gifted and well rounded. Strong (emotionally). Strong-willed. She thinks I'm a genius :) She says that I am charming and a good talker. Understanding. That I see both sides of everything. Stubborn. Good listener. A protector. Stand up for myself. Always for the underdog. Have a big heart. Wickedly funny. She says she admires me <3

My dad and I don't really get along but he told me out of all 4 kids, he loves me the most because I stand up for what's right, no matter what the consequence. He says I'm strong (physically, emotionally and mentally), smart and that I have a good heart. That I'm a smart-ass. Thinks I'm hilarious-great sense of humor. Loyal. Vindictive.

From Mom (INxJ) - stubborn, reserved, difficult, secretive, imaginative, melancholic, smart, strong-willed. I've heard her say it throughout her life, so that's what I list. I think despite not talking much until recent five years, she understood me like noone else. The majority of good things she thought of me I found out from my dad and her friends after she's passed away... I'm glad she thought so but I still have a feeling I wasn't able to please her or show my nice side. I was an awful non-hugger all my life, it must have hurt her :( I just feel awful in general.

From Dad (ESTJ) - strange, aggressive, secretive, cruel, smart. I never really heard much positive, I don't think he understood me. I don't blame him anymore because now he tries. He had this paranoia of me getting into drugs, even though I never took them. I think he only sees my strong will and reserved emotions as a plus. I know he is thrilled I started to do sports because he asks me in every single conversation if I still train. He is extremely practical and likes when I show or do something practical for him. That's how he experiences it, so I morph and find the ways he understands. I know Harvard or even any okay Uni would make him instantly proud but, unfortunately, not going to happen.

Dad: Too much crying, too sensitive, should be more brave and defend herself more, gets scared too easily and shouldn't get afraid so much.

Mom: Tearful, very sensitive, gets hurt easily, empathic, loves animals and little children, strong, funny humor, shy and not talking much but when feeling like talking, the speak doesn't end (mom always love to remind me of that LOL).