How organized are you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How organized are you?

I am very organized in whatever project has my current attention. Often the project is a cleaning spree of my home, but when the house doesn't have my attention it can get messy.

People usually think I am extremely organized and can be surprised if they ever come over on a day when I haven't had a recent cleaning spree.

It makes me uncomfortable and I eventually feel like my life is out of control when my house gets messy. Then I clean and organize for hours...even days...with lots of lists, containers, putting like objects together, labels, color coordinating...all of it.

I am very organised now but it wasn't always this way.

I took out a book from the library once on how to be more organised. I don't remember the title but just the idea. Everything including objects need a home. So they gave an example like your car keys. How many times we misplace them but it wouldn't have to be this way if they had a home. A special place to put them so you can always find them when you need them and how life would be simpler and less stressful. On and on this book went with these simple suggestions and ideas on how to create a home for everything. Over time this thought stuck with me.

Now everything in my house has a home.

I've been organised ever since.

Reactions: Marnie