How long should the application process take? | INFJ Forum

How long should the application process take?

shadowdrums

Nov 24, 2010
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
Okay so I applied a few months ago to the school I want to go to. My dad keeps harrassing me asking when I'm going to know. The process takes time though doesn't it? They emailed me when they needed some forms from me, I mailed those 2 weeks ago. Nothings changed when I check the status online. It says "Pending...In process for review" and I remember someone telling me that they don't send out there answers until December. Dad's telling me to call them and "push" but I don't know if I want to do that yet. Since they emailed me when they needed something before, I'd think they would email me if they needed anything else right?

So how long does it usually take to get an answer?

Yea it depends on when they decide to do it. Don't push them. Try to find out when it usually happens (like you heard December) if that's true then that is when you'll get it. It's not like they wait over there for your applications specifically and then get back to you when they get it. They have a specific process and you just have to wait.

It varies, some decisions are very quick, while others take longer. Sometimes you can the admissions office and they can give you an idea of your status even before it's posted online. So, you can try that if you really want to know. All the best. :)

Did you apply for early decision? If so, they usually send a decision by mid december. If you applied just plain early, you should hear from them by February. If you applied regular admission, you should hear from them by the beginning of April...in fact that is the latest you should usually receive a university decision.

Like Anita said, you can always check online. in fact some of my colleges emailed me their acceptance about a week before I even got the letter, but remember applications do take time to get processed.

yep totally depends on the way they distribute their notices. I know some Universities that do batches starting in mid December and go to April and others that respond as people are accepted.

Last edited:
If nothing else, just confirm that all of your application materials such as transcripts, recommendations and so on have indeed arrived. If they confirm receipt of all necessary application materials, then you've done your part.