How does ADHD manifest itself in introverts? | INFJ Forum

How does ADHD manifest itself in introverts?

Jeffrei

OneOneOne
Aug 16, 2018
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
So I know that introverts (by definition) like to direct energy to and receive energy from their internal world (which often leads to the stereotypes of them being quieter/more reserved), but I also know that ADHD isn’t quiet or necessarily reserved and there are introverts who have ADHD. So how do those two things work together?

I have ADHD, but I rarely think about it anymore.

When I was a kid, I had a very difficult time focusing on my schoolwork. I would do a math problem, see something out the window that would catch my eye, think about something else, try to balance my pencils on each other, and an hour later I'd still have one problem done. I also struggled with listening to others; I would listen to the first hand of what someone said and zone out for the second half.

As an adult, I've become much better. If I'm stressed out, I still struggle to listen to others completely, but I have learned to keep myself organized and try to not have too many things going on at once. As far as not getting distracted in general, I've learned to fall into a "rhythm", which is difficult to describe.