How can I emmigrate to Canada? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How can I emmigrate to Canada?

I've lived in Canada my whole life. It would be hard to imagine living anywhere else. My experience with queuing is not the same as Flavius its more like La Sagna. Canada is a more liberal than the US overall that much is not deniable. That's not to say there aren't US style conservatives here, there just aren't as many of them, those type of politicians don't get elected as frequently. Rob Ford (the embarrassment and former mayor of Toronto) and Donald Trump would probably get along very well. Some aspects of Stephen Harper's government (which lasted for 9 years) would have been favoured by US conservatives, but overall the Canadian Conservative Part is more like the Democrats in the US. Certain things like the healthcare system are untouchable politically, even when reforms would likely bring improvements. Overall Canada is much like US but there are great differences, we don't have a large population of evangelicals with political power, we don't have a gun culture, we do view government (and authority in general) more positively than most Americans. The French factor also makes us different and those attitudes rub off on us English speakers as well.

For Americans to move there would be adjustments because the culture is different. It would also depend on what part of US you are from. Having travelled in the US extensively I am most at home in the Mid-West, West coast, and New England. The south east and the centre of the US makes me uncomfortable.

Reactions: hush
You can't quit me.

i-wish-i-knew-how-to-quit-you-brokeback-mountain-gif.gif

Reactions: acd
Thanks for the replies! Please, keep them coming. It's very interesting to read about differences between the US and Canada from those who have lived/traveled between the two. I wrote this post after watching the Republican debates on TV the other night. I will come back to this thread and post again when I have had more time to formulate a response, but I'm on my way to work, now. I'll just say that the fact that Donald Trump is leading in the polls scares thehell out of me. It's not just that he is running, any (wealthy) person can run for POTUS, its that due to his racist, sexist, xenophobic and just basically hateful views, he has amassed such an enormous following. I don't feel like I belong in the US, and ideally, its not where I want to raise my son.. I know the Hitler comparison gets thrown around a lot with political figures, but I truly believe there is a valid comparison between Trump and Hitler. Both sought power after economic crisis or devastation and amassed a following by promising to make the nation great again by scapegoating other people. It's a scary future to envision. I see the writing on the wall. Americans should know better, but apparently a large part of the population does not. Just the fact that so many are susceptible to his rhetoric is alarming.

Last edited:
I think it'd be hilarious if Trump did win the election but turned out the be the greatest president of all-time.

Man you really called that one!

So how did the immigration work out? Did you renounce your citizenship before or after you left? How is Canada? Do you like living there?
Or....was this a bunch of extrianious talk?

On second thought....
Here I come! Put on the kettle, friend!
(Thanks <3)

The main thing truly stopping me from point blank insisting that you come here and harassing you to come here is your Mom. It's more important for you to be with your Mom now, especially with your son. The other thing stopping me is not knowing what your partner's career is. If not for those two things I will be insisting that you will come here to where I live and that I will introduce you to my friends and make you part of my social circle. Let's just get one thing straight, you are a wonderful person. I will put the kettle on for you any time. When I am an older rich bitch in possession of vast estates you are always going to be welcome at my place. So just keep it in mind, you always have an alternative to turn to. xoxox <3

The main thing truly stopping me from point blank insisting that you come here and harassing you to come here is your Mom. It's more important for you to be with your Mom now, especially with your son. The other thing stopping me is not knowing what your partner's career is. If not for those two things I will be insisting that you will come here to where I live and that I will introduce you to my friends and make you part of my social circle. Let's just get one thing straight, you are a wonderful person. I will put the kettle on for you any time. When I am an older rich bitch in possession of vast estates you are always going to be welcome at my place. So just keep it in mind, you always have an alternative to turn to. xoxox <3
You're a good friend! My heart is exploding lol. Thank you it means so much! Family is the primary reason why I'm not seriously considering moving anywhere right now. At least not until my son is older. I think you're right it's important to be with family. My heart is warmed you'd offer to bring us into your circle.
When I am an older rich bitch in possession of vast estates...
:tongueclosed: :kissingheart: