Naxx

Permanent Fixture
Sep 4, 2008
MBTI
ESTP
Enneagram
9w0
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124363359881267523.html

"San Franciscan Charles Pitts has accounts on Facebook, MySpace and Twitter. He runs a Yahoo forum, reads news online and keeps in touch with friends via email. Nothing unusual, right? Except Pitts has been homeless for two years and manages this digital lifestyle from his residence under a highway bridge. Thanks to cheap computers, free Internet access and sheer determination, the WSJ reports that being homeless isn't stopping some from staying wired. 'You don't need a TV. You don't need a radio. You don't even need a newspaper,' says Pitts. 'But you need the Internet."

Glad to hear he is wasting his time just like everyone else.

I have helped out with several organizations and you would be surprised to find how many use the internet everyday. I have known people who even make money for their basic needs using the internet.

I work at a domestic violence and homeless shelter and the homeless clients often have the nicest cellular phones. More power to 'em.

I do find that last bit kind of disgusting.

I survived for 8 years on a 50 dollar prepaid phone because that's all I could afford and stay in the black. Now I've got a thousand dollar phone because I can afford it with ease. I worked and worked and worked and got qualifications to get where I can safely afford what I have without going into debt or becoming homeless.

But then some dolebludger comes along who has a house filled with about 30,000 dollars worth of stuff, an expensive car with all the accessories and no damn job and no ideas of getting one.

It makes me wish I were living in the USSR so i didn't have to work anymore to have the same as everyone.