Horror story disaster in California | INFJ Forum

Horror story disaster in California

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
Add fires and strong winds, and it can get out of control as quickly as it can spread to homes and businesses.

While California has had fires in the past, the numbers keep growing this season. Entire neighborhoods gone in moments. One tragedy after another. What can be done?

My heart goes out to all those affected by those terrible fires. It seems like a nightmare to me. I just cannot imagine.

The uncle of an acquaintance of mine lost his house. He had no time to pack - got in his car with his dog and came back to this.

California gets a lot of brush fires and as open land keeps being developed into housing, the impact on people gets worse. Also, climate change is causing a flood or drought situation, which leads to a lot of dry stuff that can burn or a shit ton of dry stuff that can burn.

Hats off to the firefighters out there.

Attachments

• 12941419-9923-47F4-B713-125EFA6DDC80.jpeg
    12941419-9923-47F4-B713-125EFA6DDC80.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 6
As with all disasters this is very sad. My uncle who is no longer with us used to be a smoke jumper and later went on to oversee a team of them. Incredible hard unforgiving work that. Lots of unsung heros in the world. Makes me wonder why we spend so much time calling people hero's at the drop of a hat and overlooking the real ones.
I hope the best for everyone.