David
Donor
May 29, 2011
Hometown
MBTI
infj
Enneagram
type 4w5
I recently moved to a new apartment and have very bare walls.Art, visual art escapes me somehow. I would like to know what sort of artwork you enjoy in your home. Nothing too crazy but things to set a peaceful mood. .

I recently moved to a new apartment and have very bare walls.Art, visual art escapes me somehow. I would like to know what sort of artwork you enjoy in your home. Nothing too crazy but things to set a peaceful mood. .
The only painting I own is a framed print of Wanderer above the sea of fog.

Apart from that, you can invite a female friend around to candle & cushionify your house.

I have calendars, a star wars poster, some awards, an old timey mountain dew sign... hmm I am still a teenager :tearsofjoy:

I'd really like some quality art pieces but I can never justify the price. Maybe one day I'll just say fuck it and splurge.

My office, when I had one, had several cheap paintings from Target. It felt a lot healthier mentally than having bare walls.

I really enjoy abstract art, though I prefer a more lyrical and subdued style than loud colours and geometric shapes. Mixed media with lyrical abstraction, particularly pieces with 3D metallic elements, also capture my imagination. Additionally, I like infrared and/or modern black and white photography with early to mid-century classical objects. I want to get a collection with musical instruments.

I've also started a personal collection, where I'm (attempting to) paint all my doggos. I have one so far.

It depends on your aesthetics. You could choose framed prints of your favorite works of art. You could buy prints or originals from artist friends. This time of year there are usually events where artists sell their work - art fairs, fundraisers, shows, open studios, etc. You could also go to an antiques shop and find an old painting if that fits your taste.

There are several websites where you can find original art and prints by contemporary artists. Buying art doesn't have to be expensive.

One bigger piece you really love is worth a few you feel so-so about, but don't feel pressured to go big, either. Small work can be more intimate.

If you have no idea what kind of work you like try browsing art museum and gallery websites, or even Pinterest "art" and "fine art" boards. Something will speak to you.

If you have no idea how to hang it, again, peruse blogs, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc for interior design.

bless you all for the suggestions. I will explore them all

Reactions: Amaterasu