Hmm. (A page about function overuse) | INFJ Forum

Hmm. (A page about function overuse)

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by Trifoilum, Jul 5, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
More threads by Trifoilum
  1. Trifoilum

Trifoilum find wisdom, build hope.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    http://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/typology--the-eight-function-attitudes.html

(the name boggles me.)

Anyway, do you agree? My ENTJ friend said that it's too doomsaying, while I myself...agreed (it didn't take into account other functions), but also find it somewhat...true, at least I agreed to most of them (with understanding of their severity)

this is about Ni / INJs

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Blind Bandit and under skies like this.
  2. AUM

AUM The Romantic Scientist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Introverted

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Penelope

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Is that because you were thinking the site was about typology since the article was about typology?

The site is about midlife crisis.

Does it seem doomsdaying because it seems like a prediction for all people of a certain type in midlife?

If that is the case, then I can see how a person would see it that way.

But the target audience for the site is men and women whose spouses are in a midlife crisis and trying to end their marriage--infidelity is a significant factor in most of the cases.

The article is meant to explain something that is happening--not predict what might happen.

It's guesswork, but it's meant to look at the different types and offer possible typologic or phsychological reasons for what the spouses are experiencing and observing in their midlife crisis husband or wife.

The article in no way is meant to imply that this is the case with all people of a certain MBTI type during midlife. If it does imply that, it is probably because for the target audience it is the case.

I wish more people would give their opnions as to whether these are accurate. This was thorough.

4. OP
    Trifoilum

Trifoilum find wisdom, build hope.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    I guess it's more of an optimism. Indeed, I get the point; it does sounds.......like everything's going to be messed up in a glorious, destructive way.

But yeah; I think that's also the point.

Giving my opinion; I personally found most of it to be true. At my lowest, at least. Both Ni and Fi function was pretty correct, and other functions were somewhat correct, using others as examples. But then again, I'm not so sure.