Hiring a female or male recruiter advice | INFJ Forum

Hiring a female or male recruiter advice

matty9999

Regular Poster
Dec 26, 2018
MBTI
intj
Hey guys i thought i would seek your advice..I am hiring a human resources recruiter for a small company that I created she/he will then hire other employees. I will pay by the hour/temp. I am debating on who i should hire for the recruiter position. I think a man may be a better fit for this position because most of the other employees will be male - the particular job function that I am recruiting for is a male dominated profession. The recruiter will be recruiting customer service/blue collar type individuals to fill mostly low level roles and most of them will be male. I think a male may better connect with male candidates. Secondly, a lot of foreign males tend to be chauvinistic, much more so than american men. Thoughts?

Reactions: Asa
Hire the best person for the job. Hire the person who will get the results you need. Discriminating based on gender, race, heritage, etc, could get you into a lot of trouble.

Reactions: Pin and Will
Hire the best person for the job. Hire the person who will get the results you need. Discriminating based on gender, race, heritage, etc, could get you into a lot of trouble.

it could but these are non usa based employees and a lot of people overseas discriminate and even in the usa even though its illegal.

it could but these are non usa based employees and a lot of people overseas discriminate and even in the usa even though its illegal.

Well, it sounds like you're going to think the best person for the job is a man. So, just leave it at that. Choose the best person for the job.

Hire whoever is more qualified and if they're equally as qualified it doesn't matter who you choose. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

Reactions: Asa
Hire whoever is more qualified and if they're equally as qualified it doesn't matter who you choose. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

thanks this is the first time ive had to make judgment calls like this... well see how it goes