HELP! Tritype question! | INFJ Forum

HELP! Tritype question!

piscesfish

Aug 3, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2-4w5-6w7 sp/so
I've read this article on tritypes, and from the descriptions it gave, I identify most with 145, 146, and 147 tritypes. I always thought I was a 145 or maybe a 146, but now I'm starting to think I might be a 147. But I'm a bit confused. Even though the 147 tritype description fits me very well, even better than the other two, I don't identify with a 7 at all. I wouldn't even know what wing I would be, as both a 7w6 and 7w8 really don't match me.

Luckily, I know for a fact that I am 1w2-4w5-?w?, so the only thing in question is the least significant part, but I don't understand how I can identify with a tritype but not each number in it. Is this typical for the third part of a tritype? And how do I pick a wing for the third part if I don't identify with either of the options individually?

Hey [MENTION=9359]piscesfish[/MENTION]! I am in the EXACT same situation as you, with the very same numbers (1w2-4w5-?w?) and very same question. Pretty cool!

Anyway, hope someone responds because I am eager to learn my third type.

I've read this article on tritypes, and from the descriptions it gave, I identify most with 145, 146, and 147 tritypes. I always thought I was a 145 or maybe a 146, but now I'm starting to think I might be a 147. But I'm a bit confused. Even though the 147 tritype description fits me very well, even better than the other two, I don't identify with a 7 at all. I wouldn't even know what wing I would be, as both a 7w6 and 7w8 really don't match me.

Luckily, I know for a fact that I am 1w2-4w5-?w?, so the only thing in question is the least significant part, but I don't understand how I can identify with a tritype but not each number in it. Is this typical for the third part of a tritype? And how do I pick a wing for the third part if I don't identify with either of the options individually?

The theory behind tritypes has to do with 3 triads: instinct (8,9,1), heart (2,3,4) and head (5,6,7). Reading your post, it sounds like you are just trying to figure out your orientation toward thinking and ideas. Using Karen Horney's Trend (moves away, moves towards, moves against) can help with this as well as info from Karen Fauvre's 27 types:

Head: orientation toward thinking and ideas

- 5's (move away/inward) - think more for the delight of 'big ideas' about human behavior and creating new concepts to keep reality aligned with their 'cerebral landscape'

- 6's (move towards/outward) - think more for the responsibility of assessing and defending current beliefs/people to figure out what/who is reliable and what they can be certain about

- 7's (moves towards/outward) - think more for the delight of staying on the move (mentally or physically) in search of new ideas to stimulate their minds with

With that information, I would focus on observing your thought process and how you play with ideas. If you figure out what your head type is, then you'll know your tritype.