Help determining this persons MBTI?

sococo1

One
Jan 18, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
type 1, 4 or 5.
Hello everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post, so I thought I might as well post about something I've been thinking about recently. (may be slightly long, apologies!)

How easy do you find it to assess others MBTI types? Im assuming it becomes easier the more you read about different types?

I'm asking as I have a friend, who I'll describe shortly, and I feel if I knew her MBTI I could understand her a little better. Im questioning our friendship recently due to the way she acts..

So my friend, L.
  • She's definitely extroverted. She enjoys having a wide circle of friends although I'd say its mostly superficial relations, sort of like the female friendships 16 year old girls have (shes 22), easily amused yet bitchy. On the whole though, I'd say she has a good heart. She's not conniving and doesn't spread rumours or anything like that.
  • I wouldn't say she is intelligent, she is at university with me studying hospitality and management (I study science) however she is the type who 'hates' studying/exams and stresses over minor assignments as if they are extremely difficult. So I guess she is somewhat dramatic. She would never learn for fun.
  • When she meets new people she 'loves' them instantly before getting to know them, however they usually find her a little forthcoming and don't warm to her as much/as quickly as they don't know her and find it strange. She doesn't realise this though.
  • She comes from a well-off family so has quite a lot of expensive items, and she's used to flying around the world and doesn't make a big deal of it at all and doesn't boast. She would never judge someone for having less money than her. However when it comes to splitting bills/buying rounds of drinks with her own money, the purse strings tighten.
  • She doesn't seem to judge others, and accepts most people. She is good for going to class, going to work on time, going to work even if she feels unwell. She isn't lazy per-se, she doesn't lie in till 12pm like some students do, however she is very untidy, doesn't clean her dishes or her room. She likes to eat junk food and watch drama shows on tv. However, she does go to the gym as she feels she gained a lot of weight over summer, she is not athletic however.
  • She's never had a boyfriend, gets nervous around 'hot' boys and can only associate romantically with them if she is drunk.
  • Finally, and this is what got me thinking. She never invites me to do things with her. If Im going out to a birthday party, or to see my OH's band, she will quite happily invite herself along. Then I don't hear from her for a couple of weeks until another event. Perhaps its just the way she is, or how she sees our friendship, but i'd enjoy to meet for coffee etc. on a weekday but she's always busy it seems and would rather meet when theres a social event. She can put me down in a joking manner infront of my OH/friends but I dont think she realises she is upsetting me, you know those little comments such as 'you're so clumsy - haha' ...'you should never have children, you'd drop it' ...'you cant handle alcohol, you get drunk so quickly, haha.' They are negative but she thinks that making fun of someone is a way of ..bonding?!

Anyway, as I said, she has a good heart and I'm not sure she is aware of her selfishness and putdowns. I thought by figuring her type, I could deal with the negative aspects more efficiently? Being an INFJ, I like to explain things thoroughly and am quite sensitive, but I think this sort of approach would fall on deaf ears.

If you read this far, congratulations! Any input is much appreciated :) perhaps you might know someone like this. Thanks.

Do you have a video of her?