Happy Easter: celebrating your religious holidays | INFJ Forum

Happy Easter: celebrating your religious holidays

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
Happy Easter to those affected by the thought. I wonder if you celebrated the holiday?

Each of us has our own thoughts and feelings; each, our own beliefs. I personally read a bit and watched some history and movies about Jesus and His disciples. I found myself saddened and sick to my stomach, culminating at 4 AM or so last night with a trip to the bathroom. Some of us feel others' pains and sorrows. Some, possibly just every now and then. I usually stopped watching when the cross came out and the beating began. I've seen that enough, but not all that predicates what I wanted to see. I was interested in the beginning and middle stages of His life that was written about and prophesied about hundreds of years earlier. The weekend was solemn, sober, and I was sick to my stomach.

There were all kinds of celebrations, but my body chose to feel ill. How did you celebrate? Have you found yourself in similar candor with others? Do you keep it to yourself? Does it affect you?

I look at the positive side of what happened and understand Hebrews pretty well, but that feeling!

I'm not a Christian, but I was raised Catholic and have been thinking about these things the past few days. On good Friday, I traveled with my mother, brother, step dad and son for a walk at a shrine of Christ's passion. I mostly went just to be with my family. I have a lot of respect for the person of Jesus and his teachings. I do not really have any faith, but if I was alive at the time he was and if he did in fact exist, I think I would have followed him around.

Happy resurrection day. :m073:

This may sound odd but I struggle a little when it comes to celebrating religious holidays purely because of the religiosity of it all. I prefer to think/reflect on commemorative events as and when rather than on “preferential” days. So a couple of random thoughts I had over these past few days..….was thinking about Jesus making several “guest appearances” after his resurrection and how amazing it is that he (the real Jesus) is still showing up in people’s lives today! I got caught up in a hailstorm yesterday (it was so fierce, I ended up trying to find shelter underneath a tree - no thunder so all good)…anyway, while I was being pelleted, I got thinking about the holiday season and what the atmosphere must have been like on the day Jesus was hanging on the cross (and thought I must try and find that verse....)

Luke 23:44-45 "Now it was about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. Then the sun was darkened,and the veil of the temple was torn in two." It's hard to imagine.....but resurrection Sunday was most definitely one of celebration! :)

[video=youtube;duLQ6d_BpLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duLQ6d_BpLs[/video]

[video=youtube;aKCyaBwmVzA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKCyaBwmVzA&index=6&list=PL881D9BEA45D282A 4[/video]