George Michael (RIP): Music & memories | INFJ Forum

George Michael (RIP): Music & memories

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Share your favorite songs and memories of this amazing artist.

images

My son ran down late on Christmas day to tell me, and I immediately thought about my best friend, who had been a huge fan - spoiler my friend isn't gay just a real F type guy. George Michael was just a lovely guy. He was something of a national treasure in Britain, very clever, complex song writer who had a very difficult personal life, and although not really to my personal taste a great singing voice. What I think really made him so popular wasn't the talent as much as his personality, he was warm, sensitive (potential diva !!) but funny, loving and self deprecating.

It's for that reason i've posted a little clip that I think sums him up more than some of his famous songs. His willingness to laugh at himself and try to help others. As he was not a braggart, little is known about some of the very generous charity work and donations that he made. Tragic that it should end so soon, but "a life well lived" is my take. I think that's the best any of us can hope for. I hope if you see this clip it translates.. It was pre Car pool Karoke. In a world of Celebs and "ego" very refreshing.

Last edited:
Even though he gave me the creeps, his music is certainly nostalgic for me, having heard it on the radio as a child.

Mind you, most of the music from the 80's was a little creepy.

I was so sad to hear. He was such a fixture of the late 80's/90's and my childhood that it feels like a piece of my past has died along with him even though his influence was rather minimal on my life. What a strange notion.

My ballroom dance teacher was obsessed with George Michael. He also died not too long ago and the thing I remember most about him was his George Michael and Prince dominated mix tapes that he brought to our lessons. He always picked Wham! songs for the jive. I will forever associate 'wake me up before you go go' with the galloping steps he taught us.

So sad that they're both gone.

RIP George. :/