frustration with people I am close to. | INFJ Forum

frustration with people I am close to.

Rosenrot

Addicted to Bagels
Sep 2, 2008
MBTI
INFP
I feel like I hate people sometimes, even the ones I am really close to. I kinda want to hide from them for a while but feel like I have no where to go. I know I dont hate my friends, they care about me and helped me out in the past. My feelings of dislike are even worse when it comes to my family. I can't stand going home and stay out at very late hours just so they would be asleep when I get home. I even told a friend I was really close to that I didn't care who I lost. I dont know. I wish I had somewhere to hide.

I can't stand going home and stay out at very late hours just so they would be asleep when I get home.

This happens to me often, Well i do not live at home, it happens with my roomates, I will come home late night just avoid them.

Well I dont know if this means anything to you but at 32, I still need space from my family. I love them and they are great in so many ways, but enjoy them in small doses. It helps living away from home, but not too far away...They sometimes claim conversely that I am too 'intense' for them. I guess I like to sort things out, that I see wrong in our mutual life as a family, and am a little to direct sometimes.

Oh me too. There are days where I just want to stab everyone in the face. Thank god I'm learning to recognise even in an implosive rage: this isn't my normal state.

I spend most of my time alone in my [locked] room to avoid butting heads with dad.

Whenever I need a break from people who are frustrating me and can't have it I'll imagine scenarios about them dying and me feeling nothing but relief. It's horrible I know, that's why it's sensible to allow yourself time to cool off and recharge at intervals.

My friends all know about my introversion so hardly any invitations to do things, go places together ever cling too tightly onto me.

Eventually loneliness draws the longing back outwards and the cycle starts again. :/

I feel like I hate people sometimes, even the ones I am really close to. I kinda want to hide from them for a while but feel like I have no where to go. I know I dont hate my friends, they care about me and helped me out in the past. My feelings of dislike are even worse when it comes to my family. I can't stand going home and stay out at very late hours just so they would be asleep when I get home. I even told a friend I was really close to that I didn't care who I lost. I dont know. I wish I had somewhere to hide.
Heh, I feel you there. I have that too sometimes. I guess from Time to Time you just need your own Space and some "Me-Time". Always being with People can start to go on your Nerves, but always being alone can too.
Sometimes I retire a Bit from my "Friends", especially when they annoy me with their Problems for the 10248646567809 Time in a Row, when I already told them how to get out of it and offered my Help etc. I guess it's normal.
If you need some "Me Time" just take it and do what you feel like doing. You could write your Friends a short Message saying that you need some Time for yourself, for Example.

I often also got this Feeling when I was being the Trouble-Shooter for Everything and Everyone. People would all come to me and ask me for Advice all in Details and Step-by-Step, so I was basically always up to help them and had no Time whatsoever for myself. After a few Months or Years it would make me all aggressive. So I decided to occasionally take some Time off for myself. Feels good. You could do so too.