friendships and relationships for the INFJ

Sheena

Regular Poster
Jan 9, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Does an INFJ get along better with other INFJs or other personality types? and what about relationships? which personality types are we most compatible with?

I think as an INFJ, the NF hopes to accommodate all personality types, as means to keep the peace. However, my experience with other INFJs has not been the best. We communicate well with one another but I become bored fairly easy with those relationships. I've found myself in relationships most often with ESTP's and we get along extremely well but it lacks a deepness. So far my experience with ENTPs, little as it is, has been phenomenal! I've met 3 and we just click! I am fascinated by their enthusiasm and intellect. Very, very easy to talk to and they challenge me which I enjoy. But my opinion is subjective of course. Friendship wise I find myself most often befriending ENFPs. They help me to not be so introverted.

Thanks for that! I suppose opposites would attrack when it comes to a relationship. I would probably get bored with another INFJ too since we would be so much alike.

My favorites are ENTP, ISFJ, and ESTJ. INFP... affectionate. INFJ... depends on the individual - fun when we are mutually comfortable and not squeamish.

I find some male infjs to be too aggressive,and controlling for my taste, however we are all in differing stages of development, so it may not relate to type.

It doesn't really matter. What matters is that your friends can respect what makes you different. It's the spice of life! There is no true specific type that is perfect for the INFJ ... there are so many variables within each of us, each having our own background, experience and environment.